1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bike thieves in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'General' started by peterhaulintail469, Jun 15, 2003.

1. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

Thank god my racebike is kept inside my house as my streetbike, a 1999 gsxr750 painted to match our nsf scheme this year was stolen from my girlfriends house last night while we were there sleeping. I was late to work this morning filling out my police report. Luckily, the scheme is unique and the rims are white front and silver rear......the officer was most interested in that description along with the colors as the rims are easily recognizable from afar? I am sick to my stomache as my insurance doesnt cover theft.......it happened in a nice neighborhood too. I have notified the street scene in Cinci, so keep an eye on ebay for my bike. It says "smooth & steady" on the top tripple in black sharpie ink. I will post the vin# and engine #'s after work.

It's Air Tech race plastic painted Cobolt blue, pearle silver, with black lower and silver to black fade on the air-tech bubble but. The light was a small fog light inside the right ram air of the race plastic, with the carbon fiber look ram air tube on the left side. It's tank is blue/silver combo slightly dented from tank wheelie on the gas tank........my baby! I don't have any pics from the new paint job, but I will post pics from my sv to give you an idea as the pattern is the same just on a gsxr bubble but.

i am very hoe-motional about this!

469nv
    Peterhaulintail:mad: :confused: :mad:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  2. Critter

Critter Registered

I hope they find the SOB's and shoot them!!!!!!!

3. peterhaulintail469

thanks, critter. I feel hollow. It's a good thing I race this weekend at Nelson's cause I want to wring someone's neck, it might as well be the throttle on the SV.....

4. SR211

SR211 Well-Known Member

:( Sorry to hear that Pete.
    We'll keep an eye out for it, we're not too far away from you in Dayton. You wouldn't think they would be out riding it around but you never know, some of these thieves are incredibly stupid.
    I hope it turns up.

5. peterhaulintail469

Thanks Mike, missed you guys this year at the track. Keep an eye, I will post the pic of the scheme later today. Hopefully they are stupid, they basically stole a polished turd, but it was my turd ya know? I mean the motor has 20,000 miles and 1 season of racing, stock clutch and suspension? But damn the paint looked good, too good I guess:(

It was an awesome streetbike though, geared to hell for the wheelies and I loved to ride it. I will never trust my streetbikes without gps, or something like that. Time for an SV1000 or a TLS I guess, if I am unable to retrieve "smooth and gone".

6. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

I like the idea of a sting op. 4 guys in a van one bling bling bike set out for bait and grab the guy/guys haul them around for a few hours until they tell you where they are taking the hot bikes. No broken big bones maybe a finger or a rib:) good luck finding her in one piece

7. peterhaulintail469

idea is good, may have to try that............AJ Silverman(nv15) is somone who could head that gig as he dont work and is on 3rd shift video games......lol.

8. SR621

SR621 Well-Known Member

I like this concept except I think the big bones are fair game too. :mad:

9. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

as long as they can walk into the er on thier own:)

10. SR621

SR621 Well-Known Member

Or crawl :p

11. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your bike Pete. I hope you find the guy's, and get your bike back. If you need help ringing necks if you find them I'm in:beer:

12. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Pete:

I posted a link to this thread on the CCS board. First one in MI and now yours in OH. This just sucks.

Good luck, I hope they find it.

Dawn :(

13. peterhaulintail469

Thanks Dawn.....

I''ll have to update that with the vin#'s too. Thanks again.

14. Localriders

Localriders Member

Hey Pete Maybe LocalRiders may be able

to give this a little more Cincinnati exposure... Pam had posted on www.localriders.com about recent loss... Lots of site members (street riders at that) post and visit regular from cincy... Either come out to www.localriders.com and give some more details like where in cincy a pic similar to your bike etc... Or email me the info and I will post more about it for you....

Love to help catch the thieves

:D

15. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Peter, did you frequent the Tri-County area on this bike in the last few weeks? If so, I know what it looks like and will keep my eyes and ears open. If not, there is another bike kinda like it with NSF graphics on it!

Hopefully we'll catch the bastards and string 'em up by their unspeakables! :mad:

16. brian126

brian126 Well-Known Member

I'LL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR IT ON THE WEST SIDE:mad:

17. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

Pete,

Sorry to hear about this bud. :(

Been there, had it done to me (twice in South Florida and both in the afternoon in nice areas). Many sleepless nights followed thinking about what I'd do if I caught them. :mad:
    I think the only solution is to plant a small explosive device under the seat of your bike that can be activated by the fob normally used to deactivate car alarms. You realize the bike has been stolen, you reach your hand high in the air, press the button on the fob, and direct the police towards the mushroom cloud. :eek:

Forget LoJack. We'll call it BloJack.
    The system that not only locates your bike, but prosecutes those who stole it (or benefited from it being stolen).

Oh yeah, for those ready to respond "But, you'll never get your bike back that way...", I didn't get either of the two of mine back anyway.

Sorry again bud. I hope you have luck in finding the punk(s).
    Keith

18. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

BS

That sucks! I will let my friends know and I will keep an eye out for it. Would it be okay if I saw someone on it and accidentally knocked them over with my truck first? just wonderin.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

What neighborhood was it taken from?? :confused:

I've got Delhi covered.... :mad:

I'm on the cincystreetscene.com car BBS, I'll post over there for ya.

20. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I hope they are able to recover your bike...

Why didn't you have it covered for theft? :confused: