1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D211 GPA Front + D211 GP N-tec Rear

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Oh no, now you got me all skeered:eek:

2. guitarhero

guitarhero Well-Known Member

be careful

Has anyone else ever seen this happen? It happened to me at about 120mph leaned over, It's pretty scary when it happens, and I'm not the only one that this happened to either. Somehow I was able to keep it up and finish the race, but could have died...

Attached Files:

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Holy shit!!!!!!!!! that is crazy.

4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Is that is a 211 GP-A

5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I will never use that tire again I am sticking to the slicks!!!!!!!!! and the 211 gp.

6. guitarhero

7. guitarhero

it is a 211 gp-a

8. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I will never use that tire again I am sticking to the slicks!!!!!!!!! and the 211 gp.

9. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT! Good u walked away from that one..
    Not u personally, But some skimp on the cost rubber and that can cost u BIG time!

10. guitarhero

I think it was the GP, not the GPA

This was an expensive ass set, it was the one from GB, not the USA one, I just couldn't remember which on that was, here is a close up of the side of the tire...

Attached Files:

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Wow that is a 211GP holy shit.

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

What was your hot PSI.

13. sublime4mylife

sublime4mylife Well-Known Member

This exact same thing happened to me when I was racing, they called it "blistering" and a couple of other guys that I raced with had it happen to them, but it was on the down low....

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

What track was this at?

15. guitarhero

track

It was at road atlanta. The PSI was at the reccommended pressure that Dunlop gave me, cannot remember exactly what it was exactly....

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I am not sure exactly what this tire failure has to do with this thread.:confused:

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Out of curiosity, what'd it feel like when it first went and how far did you have to go to finish the race?

18. guitarhero

It was seriously on the second to last turn. It thought that the tire blew or something, I had crazy headshake and then I straitened it up and it was ok, it was a bumpy ride, that's for sure.

This has nothing to do with the thread, just was wondering if anyone had the same issues with these...

19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I have never seen that before........... ever in any tire.

20. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

There were issues some years back with the 'Lops doing this, but not recently (that I'm aware of).