Chest Protectors

Discussion in 'General' started by randomwalker, Nov 17, 2010.

1. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

I'm assuming most of you wear back protectors, but how about chest protectors? Are they required or optional for racing? If optional, do most people wear it? The advantage is obvious, but the disadvantage seems to be that it may restrict movement...at least more than if you were not wearing one...and the last thing you want on the track is to be thinking about your chest protector. Just wondering what most people do.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Pro Body Armor Forcefield Race lite Chest Protector

:up:

3. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

I wear one. They don't restrict movement. They are not required (by the rulebook) for racing.

4. I wear one (Knox Gilet Air) every time im on the bike, whether im racing or taking a cross country trip on my Sprint.

Look for one that has a solid (1pc) chest guard, instead of the 2 "pads". The solid 1pc will do a better job of preventing compression (especially if it wraps around and contacts the back protector like mine) than the 2 individual pads.

5. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

forcefield harness extreme flite vest, got it off the forum a couple weeks ago, worn it at RA and RRR so far and love it. Comfortable, very slim so the leather pull up over it with no problems. Only problem is my chest is a little red and sore from it, chest isn't used to it yet.

6. Rx3

Rx3 1%

I wear A-Star Bionic. Fits well, doesn't restrict movement. Very comfortable once you get the velcro straps and shoulder straps set up correctly.

7. LongDogRacing

LongDogRacing Well-Known Member

i wear the Bohn Air. I'd feel naked out on the track without a chest protector.

8. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

9. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

I've worn one for 2 years now (Alpinestars), and wouldn't think of riding without it anymore.

10. Modifyd4

Modifyd4 Well-Known Member

I wear a knox that integrates w my knox back protector you can't imagine all the shit I got for wearing it whatever makes me feel safe

11. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

I've got one......... I guess I really need to start wearing it. Mine makes my suit a little too tight and uncomfortable. I really don't want to buy a new suit, so it's diet time!!! Anybody need 10 pounds?

12. Brian_45

Brian_45 Well-Known Member

Same here.

13. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Plus one. My suits are snug. The A-Star Bionic takes up the least amount of room. Rider's Discount has the best pricing. :up:

14. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Knox here. Don't even know that its there once used to it.

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

It has saved my ribs/chest in more than one crash, I am sure.

16. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I've been wearing the Knox for 3 years now and would NEVER ride without one. It's a no brainer imo.

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I wear an Impact Safe-T chest and back protector. No restriction of movement and super comfy after it heats up a little bit next to your body. Custom fit too.

18. ate51

ate51 Well-Known Member

I wear a Knox. I've seen numerous crashes resulting in serious injury that would have been prevented or certainly minimized with a chest protector. I low-sided and drove my elbow into my ribs cracking several. Wouldn't have happened if I had been wearing one. Wear all the shit you can to save your shit . . . maintaining your ability to breath an move your limbs is not overrated :up:

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I wear a Knox. Haven't needed it.....yet. Just think if Steve Irwin had been wearing one.

20. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

Always wear one, even on the street.