I found a Ford I like...

Discussion in 'General' started by Venom51, Nov 2, 2010.

1. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

2. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

3. Ssack55

Ssack55 Well-Known Member

You would be surprised how quick a 9000lb truck can move with 400hp and 800ft/lb TQ from the show room!

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think I'll stick with the 5650 lbs pushed by the 505 HP and 500 Ft Lbs mine makes. We'll at least until its out or warranty and I add the goodies. 690 at the tires sounds much better.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

6. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

It sure can be. Check out Spartan Diesel Tech in Hendersonville, NC.

They are doubling the RWHP of late model Ford diesels.
    He has just recently cracked into the 2011 6.7L.

7. Ssack55

Bingo!!!!! It is amazing what these modern diesel trucks can do! Pretty impressive when a full size truck can run in the 10's without digging into the motor.

8. Ssack55

SRT 10?

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...it's a descent factory hot rod. It's astounding what they are doing with diesels these days though.

10. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

The F250 was a great truck, had one as a press vehicle a couple weeks ago. 19mpg on the highway unloaded, 15.5 driving it around in town.

The Raptor I had at the beginning of October maybe got 11 in the city and just got 14 oh the highway.

Attached Files:

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Wow! We ain't got no hot rod diesels `round here. Thanks for settn' me straight. I won't be makin' jokes about you big boyzz and yer big toyz...

[​IMG]

12. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Actually, I live in the Knoxville, TN area (just south of there) and I drove over to Charlotte, N.C. to buy the truck. I put about 50 miles of "around town" on it before I hit the interstate to come back to Knoxville. I fueled up when I got back in town and got an amazing........21.1 MPG (hand calculated, not the trip computer), unloaded of course and driving between 60 and 70 MPH so that I could vary the engine speed for break in. Oh, and BTW, around 5500 lbs and 400 HP and 800 Ft. lbs. of torque from the factory......bone stock!!

13. Ssack55

Mine is that same color but it's a long bed King Ranch.

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yikes I knew they hit 600 Ft Ibs a few years ago, didn't realize they were up to 800 now.

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Kevin Suffridge had a blue/tan King Ranch(IIRC) that I drove back from the GNF after his bad crash. Damn that was a beautiful truck and drove like a Cadillac. Towed the trailer like it wasn't even there.

The drilling company that I'm a consultant with now has a fleet of the Ford F350s and they have a lot of trouble with them. I believe they are the 06 Power Strokes. The owner plans to go back to Dodge's or Chevy.

16. Tacmedic

Tacmedic Well-Known Member

They have come a long way since a '96 SHO I had many years ago....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

When you got stopped for speeding, did they ask you, "Hey! What's the big emergency?"

:D