Congrats to Rocky and Chuck at PPIR

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by yz250mike, Jun 2, 2003.

1. yz250mike

yz250mike Eric Cartman is my idol

Good job at PPIR. I know you guys are probably not happy with 2nd place, but Chuck was injured so I think 2nd place was quite an accomplishment.

Chuck: Me and Tim Joiner (we both went to HS with you) were just talking about you today on how well you rode this past weekend. Keep on kicking ass man! There's still lots of racing left in the season so just keep on doing what you guys are doing and the #1 plate will come your guys' way.. again :D

If you have time, shoot me an email at [email protected]

mike lee

2. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

...and I am curious how Chuck is feeling after crashing in turn 3? (I assume the bike off the side of the track and Chuck walking away was due to a crash there?)

The marks on the pavement looked pretty nasty if that was from the 'Priller...

[email protected]

3. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

Mike,

I will email you Chuck's email address and you can ask him yourself. He wont be back home until next week after Road America.

Yep, Ward and I were pretty amazed at what he did. He did a 55.8 lap in the race. That was faster than any 600ss or 750ss race lap and faster than he had ever gone at PPIR before.

Thanks for the support. That Aprilia will be breathing fire at Road America this weekend.

Dave,

Chuck highsided coming out of T4 on Friday morning and broke his right foot in the process. He went out in the afternoon and went faster than Oliver. He's pretty beat up right now. How did your weekend go?

Thanks,

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel Aprilia

4. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

holy cr@p - he broke his foot right after his wrist injury!?

Chuck is a real trooper for pushing mulitple injuries and still getting into the 55's. For what it is worth, he has quite a beautiful line going into turn 3 that I attempted to emulate all weekend unsuccessfully...;) Simon Turner got off pretty hard coming out of 4 too, and was laying in the track in front of me during one practice. I thought the entire track was slicker than normal, but then again, I was not going fast enough for it to be too much of a problem.

My weekend went as expected. I broke everything I touched and was riding on untested shock in the race (it was bouncing me all over the place but was better than it was before it was rebuilt) - BUT I had a blast just to be out with the 250 riders and not banging bars with my local 600s. If I could afford it I would stop wasting my time racing against the sleds and finish the rest of the AMA or WERA schedule and race against other 250s all the time as it was that much fun.

5. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

I agree - the 250 laptimes were extremely impressive - so, does that mean we might see an Aprilia in the "new Formula Xtreme" class next year????

6. yz250mike

yz250mike Eric Cartman is my idol

Wow chuck is a real trooper. I did not know he had multiple injuries.

I got the same question as Jurgen, will we see the 250 2-stroke in in FX next year?

That would be cool if you guys can bore it out to 330cc like the rules allow.

Dave: Good job maintaining the MRA website. I was surprised you were able to put up the results in like one day.

7. steveg

steveg Well-Known Member

Howdy Rocky & Chuck,
    Keep on fighting the good fight, there's still plenty of racing left. You never know when Rich might step off? Anyhow, keep your head down and good luck !! Oh yea see you guys at the next east coast round.
    Throttle down, Steve Genter.