1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Droid users, gotta a question...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by robfromc, Sep 21, 2010.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

2. robfromc

robfromc nice member

All day today, ATK is no more. Marginally better maybe. Still sticky. Tried to use the camera and it froze. Battery life blows ass now.

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Then it sounds like you need a complete new install of the 2.2 update. Something went south on the original.

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

so, the update released yesterday for the DroidX for 2.2 works really well... I dont think its out for any other device yet.

5. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

Problem solved, click here

6. tazrider

tazrider Greenwood Racing Wera 71

I hve 2.3 (Wed) on my Droid X and it's working like a charm! I had to pull it (it wasn't pushed) but it's an official release....AND the task killer works!

7. robfromc

robfromc nice member

Ive warrantied 3 droids since my first posting, all had some sort of a issue. They sent me a droid2, which at this point blows the droid away...I tried for a droid x, no dice...

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I've heard good things about the Droid 2. If you end up doing any rooting, be careful. That bootloader can bite you.

9. robfromc

robfromc nice member

No so sure im going to root it. The only real advantage to my is the free teather.

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yeah, I use the hell out of wifi tether. Especially the free one. :D

11. robfromc

robfromc nice member

Is there a free tether, not rooted?

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

If you don't mind USB, you can use PDANet. Just no free wireless tether.

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I rooted my Droid2 and use Barnacle. I've had no issues at all.

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I need to check again to see what it is kicking off the bootloaders. IIRC, if you work around it carefully, you're okay. Just don't kick it off as it will brick your phone.

I've got the Incredible so don't have to worry about the bootloader situation but looks like HTC is about to get into the game, too.

I hope this attempt at locking down the Droids stops. That was one of the biggest benefits to having it over the iPhone.

15. robfromc

robfromc nice member

What are the advantages to rooting the droid2?

16. robfromc

robfromc nice member

Cool, thanks. Is that in the market?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep. I like it.