1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gateway Oct.10th

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by gonecrazy, Sep 14, 2010.

1. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Well-Known Member

Oct 10th gateway international will be the MCRA`s last trackday/race of the year and possibly the last at gateway period with the tracks future up in the air. Some of you may know that we(the mcra) run our own challenge series with our trackdays. This year we have had a local bike shop, Big St.charles Motorsports sponsor these races with cash payouts. so we have up`d the anti a little more. remmember its a trackday with a few races thoughout the day. so heres the payout. Anyone intrested can goto mcraracing.com to register. each race is only $50.00 entry fee.

EXPERT GT RACE---------------------AMATURE GT RACE
    1st $350.00-----------------------------1st $350.00
    2nd $250.00----------------------------2nd $250.00
    3rd $200.00-----------------------------3rd $200.00
    4th $125.00-----------------------------4th $125.00
    5th $75.00-------------------------------5th $75.00

EXPERT GT LIGHTS---------------------------AMATURE GT LIGHTS
    1st $225.00--------------------------------------1st $225.00
    2nd $175.00-------------------------------------2nd $175.00
    3rd $100.00--------------------------------------3rd $100.00
    Depending on grid size for the gt lights we may add 4th and 5th place money for grids over 8 bikes

2. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Is a CCS license required to participate in MCRA's races?

3. gonecrazy

any race lisence from a reconized orginization. ccs,wera,ama,cmra ect... or a complete race school certificate

4. gonecrazy

bump...getting close. where else can you go,run a trackday and have a chance to win a purse in the same day

5. racenrub

racenrub Active Member

I'm sure i already know the answer but, i had a hole rub'd in my belly pan and didn't repair it cause i assumed i was done for the year at this point. Your going to require a full fluid pan right?

6. gonecrazy

i know some racers drill drain holes and such. but if you would just use a effort and duck tape over it, you will be fine

7. racenrub

racenrub Active Member

well it's not a small hole by any means. Came down at road america on the second straight. so it's got about a volleyball size hole in it. structure of it is fine but it's definetly not a fix it with duct tape scenario.

8. gonecrazy

Duct tape a turkey pan on the inside.

9. racenrub

racenrub Active Member

haha, will that actually pass tech?

10. gonecrazy

Yes, I also sent you a pm. I have seen guys at ccsforum weekends wire a 2.00 turkey pan under stock bodywork and pass. Also seen it on sv's

11. gonecrazy

almost here, gonna be nice. low 80`s ducati truck, trackday mag attending

12. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun guys good luck with your evet.

Any word on Gateway for next season? I know they let all the NASCAR contracts lapse.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Get a roll of aluminum tape (auto parts store or local bodyshop), clean the surface thoroughly, tape over the hole from both sides....bingo.

14. gonecrazy

Trackday is almost full just in pre-register alone. So if you waiting for the day off you might be turned away. Theres a few spots left in novice and intermiate and expert has a little more room if your a expert rider.