Godspeed Peter Lenz

Discussion in 'General' started by smrrc, Aug 29, 2010.

1. 42K8

42K8 Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking news. Gone far too soon. Rest in Peace, Peter.

2. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

RIP Peter..

My prayers go out to his family. I only met him once, but he was about a good a kid as you'll ever meet IMO.

3. Qwack1098

Qwack1098 Well-Known Member

We never know why god comes calling. All we can do is trust in the lord and his plan for Peter. My prayers go out to the young man's family and to the poor kid that was also involved in the crash. I just hope he can make it through all of this and continue racing. I am sure that is what his racing buddy would want him to do.

So sad.

4. earacing

earacing Race Dad

We heard the news today while doing a track day at Auto Club Speedway. Our group was all kids ranging from 10 - 14. All of the parents were crying, and as we sent our kids out onto the track, we each had to think about how horrible it would be to lose one.

RIP Peter. We are so sorry for your loss Michael and family.

5. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

RIP Peter...

6. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I think Mongo summed it all up very well.

"Amazing day and horrible day. Over the moon ecstatic for Ben and House and all the Tech 3 team for an awesome weekend. Absolutely gutted at losing Peter and so sorry for what his family is going through. I love this sport and at the same time absolutely despise it."

While I never met Peter or his family many of my friends have and they all say what a class act they were and are. My prayers are with them tonight.

8. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

RIP Peter.....:(

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Godspeed

10. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

damn, I liked this kid alot... he most definitely wont be forgotten. rip Peter

11. ddub

ddub Well-Known Member

Godspeed Peter

12. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

So sad. Prayers and support to the Lenz family and friends.

13. C.D. Moses

C.D. Moses Well-Known Member

I am totally stunned and saddened to see this. My deepest sympathies to the family. R.I.P. racer.

14. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

15. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Very Sad... RIP fellow rider.

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

On another forum there are a few already talking out their ass about he was too young to be competing in something so dangerous and how he didn't know the risk. Needless to say I am disgusted by some of the comments thrown out by those that don't have a clue.

17. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

:( So sorry. RIP little guy.

18. PCP

PCP King of the who?

Couldn't believe it when I saw it on Facebook this morning, absoultley tragic. It did happen doing something he loved, but completely gut wrenching to see such a young, talented kid taken so soon. RIP Peter.

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

there will always be morons with no clue speaking out of ignorance. same thing happened on the news site reporting the story of rob gette about the kid involved in the crash. its pathetic.

R.I.P. Peter

leaving too soon is an understatement:(

20. edehaven

edehaven Eric DeHaven SoCalRaceDad

Mike and Jennifer.. Diana, Austin, Anthony and I are speachless you all are in our thoughts constantly, and if you need anything we are here
    Peter we love ya kid, you will always have a place in our hearts.

I cant really find the words today but I wanted to post this picture. Its one of my favorite photos ever taken, it was shot by my wife and printed in cyclenews
    this was the kind of kid Peter always was a true hero and sportsmand. This is him and Austin on the cool down lap after a hard fought battle years ago, Austin and Peter were 1 -2 with Pete taking the win.
    [​IMG]