M1GP24 Super Endurance Motorcycle Race

Discussion in 'General' started by M1GP, Aug 3, 2010.

1. M1GP

M1GP Mini Road Racing Director

WHAT:

The 1st Annual M1GP 24-Hour Super Endurance Motorcycle (mini class - 50cc - 150cc) race

It's not Le Mans, but it's 24 epic hours of great racing, teamwork and strategy under the sun, stars and lights.

~ 24 Hours. 24 Teams
    ~ Teams will consist of 4–12 racers
    ~ Le Mans style start
    ~ Live entertainment planned :rock:
    ~ 24 hours of exposure for racers & vendors (vendor spaces & track signage)
    ~ Track Lighting (brought in specifically for this race)
    ~ World Famous M1GP Girls
    ~ Live race announcing
    ~ Professional Timing (Mylaps)
    ~ Various media outlets & publications will be invited to cover the event
    ~ Medic and corner marshals are at ALL M1GP races. The M1GP24 will be no exception ~ Prizes (TBA)

WHEN: September 11 & 12th, 2010. Race from High Noon to High Noon. 90 individual racers must be registered (or equivalent donation) must be in by August 24th for this race to take place.

WHERE: Willow Springs International Raceway - Kart Track. Rosamond, CA.

WHO: Endurance are a special breed. Racers ages 6 to Adult, Women & Men, are eligible to race this race (see rules for details for minors). Family and friends are encouraged to come out and support their racers and witness some great racing!

WHY: Endurance racers have their reasons for racing - because it's about excellence in skill, machinery, physical and mental condition, sportsmanship and competition. Because it's exciting. Because racers like the challenge, the pain, the glory...

HOW, REGISTER HERE:
    http://m1-grandprix.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=71&Itemid=53

BE SURE TO READ THE RULES! THERE WILL BE TEARDOWNS!

Some highlights of this race so far...
    ~ Teams are forming from various industry leaders and level of racers along with live music, media coverage from On The Throttle, and much more (if we get adequate sponsorship).

~ Part of the proceeds of this event will be in aid of Riders.Org, the official charity of both MotoGP and M1GP, co-founded by Randy Mamola to aid care givers in Africa in remote locations via motorcycles. Affiliation with this great cause is just one of the many positive aspects of this race.

~ Also in the works: we are planning on placing a substantial ad in Road Racing World magazine if sponsorship support allows - to both thank them and showcase the event.

~ RoadRacing World & hopefully more publications will be covering this historic event to help with the awareness of mini road racing in the United States. Teams from the publications are also encouraged to enter the race.

~ Advertising partner opportunities are now available for any brand wishing to take advantage of this event to showcase: Endurance - Durability - Longevity - Strength - Reliability - Accuracy - Performance - Timing - Comfort - Safety - Visibility - Protection -Fitness - Health - Nutrition - Winning - Success - Goals - Determination - Achievement - Family - Adults - Men - Women – Children - Teamwork - Quality – Excellence - Motorcycles – Tires – Parts - Gear.
    Mini-class road racing may not be the first thing that comes to the mind of manufacturers and major brands, but investing in the NOW and FUTURE of the sports has proven successful in many cases worldwide.

QUESTION: WHAT IS M1GP MINI ROAD RACING?

ANSWER: M1GP MINI ROAD RACING IS REAL MOTORCYCLE RACING WITH SMALLER CC MOTORCYCLES.

Mini Road Racing is a sport that is respected, popular and is a proven method to help racers develop their skills to go on and become professional champions - sometimes at the world level. This is more common in Europe and Asia than it is in the United States.

Some racers which have come through the ranks of mini road racing: John "The Hopper" Hopkins, Jorge Lorenzo, Chris Ulrich, Josh Herrin, Tommy Aquino, Elena Myers and many more.

M1GP's MISSION: With support and awareness, M1GP can help Mini Road Racing become as popular and common in the United States as Little League Baseball and other sports. The great advantage is that Mini Road Racing is for both adults and children. Many racers are in or past their 20s. With your help, we can achieve this goal.

M1GP's sprint series allows for bikes with motors ranging from 50cc 2 stroke - 549cc 4 stroke. The M1GP24 will allow bikes with motors ranging from 50cc 2 stroke - 150cc 4 stroke.

For more information about entering the M1GP24, our sprint races or for advertising opportunities, please contact Young Lee at:
    (310)-497-3155
    Email: [email protected]
    http://m1gp.us (click on the M1GP24 Hour Logo)
    Find us on Facebook! Search on Facebook: M1GP

See you at the races! :up:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=41305

2. M1GP

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Everyone who swore they'd run in a WERA 24hr better man up right about now.

Brandon, Jimmy, wanna call up Hudson and get some endurance practice on those CBR150's or whatever they are before Capetown? :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Dayum, if it were east coast, I'd be all over it!

5. M1GP

:up::beer::rock::D LOL...AWESOME!

We re-announced this race at the Buttonwillow WERA West Round a several months back and it got quite a buzz after...we think half were saying "That's NUTS" & half were interested in racing. People have been talking about forming teams, but it's time to take ACTION!

One of our sayings @ M1GP is "TALK LESS / RACE MORE!!!" :D

Hope to see some WERA racers at the M1GP24!

6. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

We're there!!

7. six6two

six6two AWD

Ahhh I wish it was closer!

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

If anyone needs a rider or has a bike (or even just a motor or just a chassis) to loan, I am extremely interested in talking to you.

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Or if anyone else is interested in forming a team and doesn't really know where to start, I am also interested in talking to you. I just looked and there are a buttload of CBR- and YZF-R125's for sale for about $2k CDN apiece up in Vancouver. I'd be more than happy to go fetch a couple and prep them if I've got half a dozen other guys chipping in on the cost.

<reaaally hoping i find a job soon, or this savings buffer is gonna go byebye.. lol..>

10. M1GP

HEY EVERYONE.

The thing to do is register NOW...your teammates will follow!

Right now we have a bunch of people talking about it, but only a few teams are actually registering...So please register yourself and things will happen, why?

Once people KNOW you're signed up, they'll know you're 100% and that if they don't decide, the they'll miss out. If the think "ah, this guy may or may not do it...so why should I commit?"

There's no risk you anyone who registers...if we don't get the number of entries needed to pull off this event, M1GP will issue a 100% FULL REFUND.

IF THE MINIMUM OF 90 ENTRIES (RIDERS) - (about 10-12 teams) IS NOT MET BY AUGUST 24th, 2010 (OR if the equivalent dollar amount in donations is not received), the race will be cancelled and all entry fees received will be fully refunded.

ALL M1GP24 REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE Midnight, Tuesday – AUGUST 31st, 2010
    NO WALK-IN REGISTRATIONS

Grid position and Pit locations are based on order of registration (of completed teams).
    Any team with an addition later will be put at the bottom of the list (whatever it may be at that time).

DETAILS HERE:http://m1-grandprix.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=71&Itemid=53

11. earacing

earacing Race Dad

We ran in the M1GP 8-hour endurance race a few months ago, winning the Stock 50 class. Unfortunately we have another race the same weekend, or we would be there for this as well.

I can tell you that the last event was really well run and a lot of fun. Working as a team with people you normally compete against is really cool.

12. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

ahh
    i would love to dude but im broke as hell

saving all my money for Cape Town

the missus and I decided were going to make a day stop in Amsterdam on the way home :D

13. brendel

brendel New Member

i have a ysr50 with track fairings in need of a bit of maintenance i'm willing to loan out if anyone needs it to start a team. also willing to ride at the moment, but my funds, or lack thereof might say otherwise pretty soon. either way my ysr is available for anyone willing to help with maintenance. last time i tried it out it had an oil leak from somewhere in the engine, and could really use some fresh tires. other than that it runs fine. feel free to contact me at [email protected]

14. M1GP

Hey Tophyr,

We really admire your determination and your "take initiative" attitude.
    In fact, you've inspired a few teams to think like you and find a creative solution to enter the race! They're talking about splitting the cost of a CRF100, CRF150 and NSR50s with their respective teams and once the race is done, they'll either decide who'll keep the bike or sell it and make most (if not all) of their money back!

We're going to create a last minute "HOW TO RACE THE M1GP24" one page that basically gives people the solution to the problem of "I want to race...", "I'd be all over that race..." - "...but I don't have a bike"

One of the beauties of mini road racing is that it's CHEAP compared to big-bike racing...so this CAN BE DONE!

Thanks & hope you and your team makes it!

15. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

I'm making a call tomorrow and see if a bike is still available...
    What are the requirement for licensing? (I didn't read everything you posted yet.)

I may just be able to pull this off for my first race :D I was gonna try to get my license and run a full WERA season this year, but I had to move out west for a while. Not knowing where everything is and how to get started out here I postponed. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. F' that, Imma start with a mini!!:rock:

16. M1GP

Hey Chastain,
    Cool! Excellent thinking! You'll be starting your racing career like so many of the top racers have - with less expense & a shorter learning curve.

No racing license is required to enter this race, however track experience is recommended and proficient motorcycle operation is a must.
    Please read the complete rules and study the important RACEMAP (Downloads). HERE

Also, remember, GRID POSITION & PIT LOCATION ASSIGNED IN ORDER OF REGISTRATION! (Details on submitting completed teams are on the REGISTRATION page).

Thanks & hope you & your team make it! :up:

17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Badass!! I have four potentials from WA + we're lookin for just a few more. Just need to pick a bike and a name lol!

GIT SUM

18. M1GP

FYI, SCOOTERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO RACE IN THE M1GP24

Many of you who are finding it difficult to secure a mini-class race bike (see classes below), may already have an eligible racebike!. A lot of you have scooters or 50-100cc bikes as PIT BIKES! Granted, scooters may not be as fun, but an option!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT & GRID & PIT POSITIONS ARE BASED ON TIME OF REGISTRATION (completed teams). REGISTER TODAY!!!
    (Be sure to read the rules & view RACEMAP - in Downloads).

Thanks.

STOCK 50cc – (Teams with multiple bikes are allowed to mix various 50cc models if desired).
    Limited to restrictions listed under Stock based classes.
    Includes modified YSR 50
    Limited to restrictions listed under Stock based classes with the following allowances:
    No carburetor restriction
    No exhaust restriction
    65cc displacement from production YSR based engine
    No internal porting where the heads will be modified.
    Metrakit 50s will be eligible in the MOD-Class only.

MOD – CLASS (Teams with multiple bikes are allowed to mix both 65cc and 125cc models if desired)

Any 2 Stroke 65cc maximum – Any chassis, any carburetor, any pipe, Any mod to the motor so long as it does not exceed 65cc.
    Any 4 stroke 125cc maximum - Any chassis, any carburetor, any pipe, Any mod to the motor so long as it does not exceed 125cc.

STOCK 85cc & 150cc – (Teams with multiple bikes are allowed to mix both 85cc and 150cc models if desired).
    GP & MOTARD chassis allowed
    85cc maximum for two stroke ( no carburetor restrictions )
    150cc maximum for four stroke
    Limited to restrictions listed under Stock based classes with the following exceptions:
    Aftermarket handlebars
    Aftermarket Brakes
    Slicks
    aftermarket 17”wheels
    aftermarket springs in stock forks and stock shocks
    NO KNOBBIES (dirt tires)

NOISE LIMIT

There will be a 102DB limit for all bikes racing in M1GP24. Any bike found to be over this limit will either have to switch pipes to comply or forfeit the race and any fees paid.

19. Sidewalk

Sidewalk YSR addict

I have an all stock YSR I can loan if anyone needs a bike too. It is John Hopkins back up bike from back in the day. Just cover the cost of a new top end and tires and it is yours. Though I do recommend either an NSR or 100 based bike.

20. The Undertaker

The Undertaker Well-Known Member

My yz 85 is coming together:beer: