1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How F-dup is this?

Discussion in 'General' started by UGA Dawg, May 6, 2003.

1. sanman60

sanman60 I'm slow, but I finished

Yep, Ditto.

I have a guy here who USED to like to bust up into my office with some BULL SHIT nonsense, all in a hurry and such, Throwing papers onto my desk and then Tussling my hair, like I was some kid while he told me to do his work for him. The first time he did it, I asked him to not touch me again. I mentioned it to our HR person.

He did it the second time a week later, and I got up, closed my office door , asked him if he thought I was his bitch or something? (I am about 3 inches taller than this clown and weigh in at an athletic 250 lbs) then I told him if he EVER touched me again, I would kick his ass so fast and hard, he would need professional medical care for the rest of his adult life.

Then I went straight to the HR (which is almost non existant here) informed them as to what had happened, and that if it happened again they could expect a lawsuit.

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Re: Re: How F-dup is this?

Wow! Does the U.S. Government know about this???

;)

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, he slapped you? In front of people? Is he retarded? Dude, do not touch him or threaten to kick his ass. Go to HR. Don't talk to him about, just go. Tell them you want something done about it, and if they won't then your next stop is the local police to file charges. Send this guy straight out the door.

Let him think outside the box while sitting in the unemployment line.

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

And if that doesn't change his thinking, imagine Huey with an axe handle. :cool:

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'm on the fence with this one.

Should you report it?
    Is he the boss?
    Will putting the 'HR fire' under his ass make life uncomfortable for you?
    Would he make a dangerous enemy?

We all know what's the 'right thing to do'.
    The problem as I see it is the result of 'the right thing to do'.

You have a dilemna, and one that is not easily solved by the BBS.
    I've been on both sides at one time or another and the feeling aint good on either side. I have on the other hand, made myself feel a little better by 'eliminating' things that 'weren't on the team' or may have potential to cause my career a little turbulence.
    Corporate XX is a vicious game. Learn the rules, and play to win is the best advice I can give.

How many folks on the BBS are unemployed anyway?

6. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

These are perfectly normal feelings. :D

Oh man...thank goodness for your coworkers holding you back. If it'd been I would have reacted the same way. And I'd be more likely to approach the guy directly afterwards if someone held me back at the time of the incident. I agree with Sean on that point.

Whoa...history is being made...more than one person has agreed with Sean on something. ;)

7. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

One more vote for Frank here. Do not talk to this guy about it, go directly to HR and fill out the paperwork. If you go to him first all you do is give him ample time to prepare for the inevitable call by the HR manager. Documentation is King. Especially when you have witnesses.

As to his management style. What a dork. You know what? People smell bullshit. Most groups will be much more appreciative of a direct and to the point approach rather then one that is gimmicky and reaks of patronization. I have been in his position before. You walk in the door, you tell your people what your goals are (and they must be tangible, measurable goals,) and you ask them for their input on how to achieve these goals. Then you ask them what they think needs to be fixed and how they would fix it. After taking all their input into consideration, you formulate your plan and present it back to them. You are much more likely to have their buy-in this time around now that they have had an opportunity to contribute to the indentification of the problems and to the development of the solutions. But you still retain full veto powers ;)

8. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Yo Dutch "That's the fact Jack!"

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If HR doesn't do anything and the cops don't deal with it, open the sunroof on his BMW and fill his car full of Horse sh@t. Some symbolism there. :D

Then pillage his house, have his woman, slaughter his livestock and raise his neighborhood to the ground. For the love of Ares make him and his pay in blood. ;) :D

Then smack him in the balls with rubber hose.

10. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

How does one "raise his neighborhood to the ground"? Isn't that an oxymoron like "jumbo shrimp" or "intelligence on a BBS'? ;)

Perhaps "raze".... ??

11. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

HR SHMAYECHAR....

Nothing you can do with those mindless drones in Human Resources will provide you with the immediate satisfaction you need, nay, the immediate satisfaction you DESERVE!

I'm sticking with the pen-in-eye tactic, no matter how much "logic" the rest of these sissies try and spout. :Poke:

12. Critter

Critter Registered

You all can say what you want about fixing this I am staying with having the other woman call the wife. Because

A man that does not sleep hath no energy to stir up shit at work.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You sir, are correct. :D

Oh, and any rubble left over after your rampage... burn it. :D

Then salt the ground so nothing will ever grow there again.

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Mary#17 is an HR pro on this board - might want to check with her for an opinion.

15. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Find a scrap of paper, and write "HR" on it in pen. Look at the piece of paper in your hand. What you are holding is actually worth more in real terms than your entire HR department's combined ability to help you.

There are many proud men who were right, and lost their jobs over the same shit. It's not worth it. I've had so many morons as bosses, but they all think I liked them, and I moved on up the ladder.

Biggest lesson I learnt from my time in the Army, was how to take orders from someone I had absolutely no respect for. Do I kiss ass? do I get trampled on? No - neither. I just play along with these little games and win in the end.

Think outside his dumb ass box. Tell him how much he's helped you. I know its totally counter intuitive - thats why it works.

16. Re: Re: Re: How F-dup is this?

The People may do what a Person may not. You're supposed to know this. If you forget again, a government lackey will come around and beat it into you. :Poke:

17. SV650Racer

SV650Racer Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards Sean's advice, but Buck brings up some good points. John - if HR just gives this guy a slap on the wrist then I see nothing good coming from getting them involved. But if you have a "strong" HR team (a rarity) they may actually do something to keep this from happening again. Don't know what they would do to "punish" him for this incident though...
    You don't want to create an enemy of your boss or someone who may control your future...

Good luck with your decision and the outcome.

bill

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

*snip*

Again for the folks that don't understand.
    As much as it pains me to say it, unless you're a woman and the contact was sexual, let it ride. There are few things worse than having 24 hours a day to post on the BBS.;)

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Pansies. Let the guy run roughshod over him. ;)

20. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

the first slap was dressing up in those silly outfits! i thought georgia was all peaches and hillbillies anyway!:D pour a gallon of hydroflouric acid on his car and you'll have a hard time wiping the smile off your face for weeks!;)