1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am about to buy a.....

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

quite often. check www.adamsmotorsportspark.com and the grange's website for details. you might consider checking out www.socalmoto.org - there quite a few socal supermoto people on there and even some supermoto racers. the tracks are usually $30-40 per day from what i hear.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hey, when you lose your license, pm me and I'll steal that thing from you. :up:

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Will do I will let you know how it goes. :up:

4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

The arrow power up kit? Will it fit the 07 I have only been able to find it for the 08? And does it have rejetting in it? Or do just have to take it to some and get it rejetted? REMOVE/BYPASS THE TILT-POSITION SENSOR. I am guessing there is a Utube video showing how this is done?

5. trancework

trancework It's always now...

I'm not 100% about fitment but I know that 08 exhausts are not compatible at the header with either the 07 or the 09 because I was getting a full LV system on mine and one or the other wouldn't work. The power-up is just the slip-on an O2 sensor bypass and a Lambda probe bypass. Definitely get that sorted before committing to a pipe. You may want to check over at cafe husky... somebody there probably knows.

There is no jetting on these bikes--they are FI. But with emissions restrictions the are kinda bottled up with the stock exhaust the Arrow really brings the bike to life. The injection is spot-on, but I added the pipe w/o the bypasses and the sensors were fighting the engine a bit. Had some adjustments made to the fueling now it's much better.

The tilt-position sensor is somewhere under the seat by the battery. Mine had a problem and it was shutting the engine off when going down really steep hills, like switchbacks... BMW of Atlanta can probably get the bypass for you and talk you through installing.

There is a good youtube vid for valve check and adjustment thought.

6. chopt

chopt Well-Known Member

Correction: stock gearing was 14-42, I switched to 16-44 to net the numbers I posted.
    excuse the brain fade.

7. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Are the 07's FI I think they are Carb.... and the tilt sensor can you just unplug it and short it out??

8. trancework

Yeah 07 was the last year of the carbs... here's the thread on the diffs between all versions 07-10.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/differences-between-2007-thru-2010-sm510r.11002/#post-107422

Not sure about the exact fix for the tilt sensor, but speaking of shorting stuff out, there's another item to bypass.... Clutch switch sensor, it's the two sandwich leads going on an small wire to the clutch control... Keeps the bike from starting if the clutch isn't drawn. You'll never figure out WHAT the problem is when that thing goes, as it always goes at exactly the wrong time. That is definitely a bypass and short item as ratchet straps have a nasty habit of loosing the connection.

Enjoy your new bike!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
  9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Got one sitting in the garage as of last night. Its got more grunt than my KTM 450 SMR but up top feels about the same. The seat on the Husky is better than the KTM even with the Corbin on the KTM.

10. Mxer485

Mxer485 Well-Known Member

I have one and I'm pretty much just repeating what everybody else has already told u the bike is a BLAST and it will make you want to do things on the street that you never thought you would. Cart tracks are a blast with the bike but i take mine to stt track days all the time and it does just fine can hit a 110 in a full tuck. I wouldn't take it to Road America but most tracks the bike does great on! The bike doesn't hold a huge volume of oil so change the oil frequently i try to change mine every 1000 street miles and def after every TD. Oil is kinda pricey for it cause its 0-50. Let me know if you buy one have a real cool mod for the kick stand. It has a feature were it auto retracts which seems like a great idea until u go to put the bike on the kick stand and walk away and it rolls forward an falls over. U will see exactly what im talking about when you get one. I'm sure anybody else who has one knows exactly one im talking about to lol. Also the stock exhaust is very easy to mod. Have sum links saved on DIY if you would like them let me know. They have a cone on the inside that gets smaller as it goes futher into the pipe it can easily be cut out with a dremel and it real gives the exhaust note that DEEP thump back an helps a tad with low end grunt like the bike needed anymore to begin with cant keep the front wheel down as it is lol. Any other ? let me know more then happy to help ya. Dave

11. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

6th gear wheelies....yes...6th gear.

12. zracer196

zracer196 Well-Known Member

Had one...VERY fun bike. Fell on it at Jennings...Just a scratch!

Awesome fun...

13. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Thanks for all the help guys Pm me whatever you know. I want to know everything about this bike. Thanks

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I am going to pick it up tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

So I get to the shop with the bike unload it fire it up. Warm it up and then go around the parking lot and then drive in between some buildings and then I go out on the street to go back to the parking lot I haven't been on the bike more then 5 mins and A cop pulls me over. about 20 feet from my van where everything is DL, REG, INS so he writes me 2 fix it tickets for no DL and no proof of INS. I said are you kidding me I can walk over to my van and get it for you.........50 bucks and 2 fix it tickets with the bike and I have owned it 3 hours Dam I hope it gets better.

16. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

lol! sorry for that....but you gotta admit....that's funny.

17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

It was funny but is was BS at the same time. O well.

18. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

ROFL... Much awesome in that story...

Get used to it though. The po-po is going to be a part of your new life.

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Welcome to being motard-ed :beer:

20. trancework

Thanks... just read this and laughed so hard milk shot from my nose...