1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General McChrystal.......good or bad American?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by XFBO, Jun 22, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I dont see the General as any more effective than those he criticizes.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He should have known by this point in his career to keep his mouth shut - even if he was right in everything he said :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He's boned.

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

He's an American, period. However, while he can hold whatever opinion he chooses, what he says to the media (and those around him likely to speak to the media) should be self censored if he wanted to keep his position.

And yeah, he's probably screwed, unless Obama really believes in his strategy in which case he might just have to wipe the egg off his face.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Obama is going to chuck him under the bus. Might be in a week or a month (to cover the president's ass) but the General is going to have Michelin tread marks up and down his ass.

7. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Why waste the time to explain the stuff everyone with a half a brain already knows...

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Simple, because most of you dungeon morons don't even have half a brain. You're D-U-M-B! :D

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how he could prove to be more effective if his strategies aren't being entertained by this Admin, can you elaborate?

Regarding his pie hole, overall, you are all correct but by the same token ya think maybe things are so fubar'ed that a decorated General would say fvck it, I'm speaking my mind cuz I dont want the failures of this war to be blamed on me?

I think it's pretty sad/pathetic when the guy who admits to voting for the CIC finds himself at odds end with the new leader from day one. For me, that says a LOT about the character of said person and it troubles me that this person may be putting this whole mission in jeopardy cuz he didn't like what the general had to say.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  10. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

You would think Obama and the General would be peas in a pod. Obama picked him, he voted for Obama and McC has some pretty tight rules of engagement which you gotta think Obama would favor.

Its very strange indeed that he spouted off, hes not a buck private anymore, but if his counter insurgancy strategy fails, where one succeeded in Iraq, maybe he doesnt want all the blame.

He should have shut the hell up and quit if he feels really disrespected, but lets not forget the Dems were blowing the general who criticized Bush regarding Iraq. (Chinsecy maybe?)

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think he is correct. I think he feels responsible for his soldiers and feels the current policies are creating unnecessary danger to them for no gain (in fact a loss). I hope he spoke to have it heard in hopes the safety of his (and our) soldiers can be made safer while getting a terribly dangerous task accomplished, I fear he just lost it for a second and will apologize to save his :moon: making his statements appear a mistake to some also.

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Funny thing is Kerry saying that "we shouldn't succumb to the normal Washington twitter about this because we have troops on the ground".

I wonder if it is because he was also blasted in the piece. It can't be because he thinks dissent of the CIC during a war is bad or he would be a hypocrite based on his stance in the last 8 years.

13. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I was talkin bout mickey c's, willow :D

14. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

"Did I say that? Oh, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean it" = Pussy

15. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

The general should ask Obama to retire :beer:

16. haunter

haunter Well-Known Member

so how muc of our $$$ is obama wasting to fly him back from afghanistan to yell at him in person instead of over a video uplink?

17. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Maybe this is the only way McC could get Obama t have a meeting with him.

18. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

General McChrystal is under the command of the Commander in Chief. He follows orders just as is expected from the soldiers under him. He's insubbordinate and President Obama has every right to remove him. Of course the current failing strategies have nothing to do with whether or not his outspokeness is justified. Soldiers follow orders or its treason.

Who was the Korean War general who advocated nuking the North Koreans against the President's decision and was removed? It's in the same vein.

19. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

"The interview describes McChrystal, 55, as "disappointed" in his first Oval Office meeting with Obama."

bet it was the limp handshake :D

20. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

“General of the Army Douglas MacArthur is unable to give his wholehearted support to the policies of the United States and the United Nations.” ~~President Truman.

The last time a sitting President faced this sort of situation was in 1951-Korea.
    McChrystal is no MacCarthur.

I cannot imagine how miserable it for the Troops when the upper echelon is ridiculously mocking the Commander in Chief.

http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/magazine/ah/1984/3/1984_3_84.shtml