1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ONLY in America - Illegals Given land in a lawsuit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, May 2, 2010.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Did any of you guys notice this is from Aug of 2005?!

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Me personally? I would like to see our Federal Government fulfill one of the responsibilities for which they were created before taking on a plethora of new programs. The rancher was wrong, but I totally understand his frustration. Maybe he truly is just an idiot, but if the US Government was doing the job, this probably wouldn't be an issue.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is no statute of limitations on righteous indignation.:D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like the verdict, stupid should hurt and the "americans" were truly damn stupid.

I don't care about foreign nationals owning property, I only have a problem when they break into the country to visit it.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

But, but NOT the criminals invading their property!?!?!?

Spoken like a true ____________.

Sure stupid can hurt, so take the property and sell it off for a good cause, illegals in this country should NOT be awarded jack shit.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, not so much a good analogy there.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think lawyers should be required to take some troubleshooting 101 classes and learn how to find the root cause of the problem.

Stay your ass on your side of the border unless you want to do the paper work and enter through the correct channels. It really is that simple. At the moment you decide to cross the border illegally the only thing you are entitled to at that point is a good case of lead poisoning or a bus ride back.....your choice as to which you get.

8. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

Fucken retarted. why doesn't everyone just move to america since we will "help them"

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:confused: I'm fairly certain thats their plan.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Analogy?

He's calling the gun toting landowner a criminal for protecting his land (albeit by overstepping his bounds) but not the illegal crossing the border (which happens to be his property)?

Like someone else said, if the Feds were doing their job this wouldn't even be an issue.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I truly believe there are some minorities who dream of exactly that, I know cuz I work with some. :D

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And we'd all be sad for a little while.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Actually, I believe he's calling the landowner a criminal for being a convicted felon in illegal possession of a firearm.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The landowner was a convicted felon, had firearms, assaulted people and so on. His stupid far outweighs the illegals crimes and stupid.

14. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

You've conveniently ignored one little detail. According to this piece, the jury deadlocked on the pistol whipping charge. Just because one of the illegals claimed it happened (perhaps at his lawyers' direction) doesn't mean it did.

You don't supposed the "victim" and his attorneys would embellish the story to bolster their case, would you? Of course not. :rolleyes:

On another note: Talk about prime real estate. The drug cartels were no doubt climbing all over themselves to grab this one. Of course using a "legit" U.S. citizen to actually buy the property. Just shove a quarter-of-a-million bucks at the "victims" / new owners and bam!!!, you've got yourself one hell of a deal.

15. eggfooyoung

eh, I was to an extent. Unfortunately, our government is so big that it can't even protect the people who pay the bills, tax paying citizens.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Opinion, and you're entitled to it.

I don't think the size matters as much as their wasteful spending and the give away bonuses to buy our friendship with other countries.

I bet if a few billion were given to a private contractor to watch our borders, we'd get a whole hell of lot further than the Fed has done in the past 40 yrs.

17. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yes the landowner was breaking the law and should suffer those consequences but that doesn't change the fact that the other party involved was awarded for the illegal activities. Sneak in to the U.S., piss someone off and get their house, should not be rewarded.

I find it amusing and sad at the same time that Ole Rodgie thinks the landowner and the illegal got what they deserved.

18. eggfooyoung

This kind of serves my point. It's so large that they can't get anyhing reasonable accomplished, in a timely fashion.

Hiring a private contractor would be an entirely different can of worms. They'd never be able to decide on one.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gee thanks so much for your permission....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not going to dig through the case because it's not worth the hassle - yes they were illegals. However the judge obviously thought the treatment they got was above and beyond any semblance of proper. I'll take the judges word on that. If the felon hadn't done things the way he did he wouldn't have lost his property.... Sucks to be stupid I guess.