quick ?? Vortex vs Woodcraft frame sliders

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ScottyJFZ1, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

which do you prefer...what i really mean is which do you find holds up better and easier to take off.

the woodcraft has the puck allen screw in the side and is solid

Vortex bolts the puck thru the middle

which system is better...because I hate have to take the engine mounting bolt off everytime I need to take the side fairing off.

Thanks

Scotty J.

2. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

3. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

I know with Suzuki you can just take the puck off and not mess with the engine bolts when changing off the body work etc. Also the Woods are shorter and "seem" to have a lower tendency to flip the bike in a slid when it transitions to the grass/gravel/whatever. Woodcraft ftw.

4. eboos

eboos Slowski

Woodcraft for the reasons stated above, and the fact that the solid slider material will wear better then a hollow one with a bolt through design.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yoshimura!!

6. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Woodcraftski

7. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

Yes but you have to remove the whole thing to take plastics off...I have OEM plastics no race skins...so to be able to remove puck without mounting bolt is a plus for me..

Thanks for advise...

Scotty J.

8. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

Woodcraft..........100%

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Woodcraft.

10. darkside879

darkside879 Well-Known Member

plus one here! :up:

11. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

woodcraft

12. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

i used to not care and didn't understand what all the fuss was about so installed vortex cut sliders.

that was until i had a little off and it ground down the vortex puck. don't get me wrong the system did its job just as it should, but i had to dremel the puck off to get access to the bolt to remove the puck.

im ordering woodcrafts next time.

13. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

Anyone know if you have to make whole bigger for the woodcrafts on the right side? I know you have to drill the left side but I figured the right you would not need to on the '06 gsxr 750..

Thanks again

Scotty J.

14. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Yes, both sides need a 2 inch hole.

15. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I crashed with both and the woodcraft held up better. It was easier to get the damaged slider off of the woodcraft unit as the Vortex bolt bent and was pain getting off.

16. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

Woodcraft by far, replacement of the puck is a piece of cake, even when ground down by the pavement gods.:up:

17. Rumple4Skin

Rumple4Skin Well-Known Member

Woodcraft.................that solid puck can take a lot of sliding.

18. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

ive crashed with vortex sliders and didnt have a problem, just ground em down a bit
    not saying that theyre superior
    but in my limited experience crash testing them, they held up just fine

19. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

OK so I am going to get the Woodcraft sliders because I am tired of taking the engine mount bolt off everytime I need to take fairings off...

My question is how much od PITA is making this 2inch hole...the left side tab seems to be in the way...do just go for it...after lining it up the best? or is there a trick to it...

These are on stock plastics....

20. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

It's very easy. Go to a hardware store, get a hole saw of the correct diameter. Install the slider base, then put the plastic up against it and drill a pilot hole to where the center is. Then put some duct tape over the area and drill the hole with the hole saw.

[​IMG]