One Nervous TL

Discussion in 'General' started by scuzzlebutt, Mar 3, 2001.

1. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

Trying to get my TL-R race ready, but ever since I sent my forks to Columbia Powersports on Two Notch Rd in Columbia, SC(bad plug) to have fork seals replaced, the front end feels all kinds of nervous. I took them back to get them looked at, and they told me I broke the rebound damping mechanism(yeah right). Anywho, I'm thinking about sending them off to Traxxion Dynamics or Race Tech, but can they fix the problem, or just set them up right?

2. HNIC 102

HNIC 102 Well-Known Member

Traxxion Dynamics can fix them and set them up if you need them to.That's all they do is suspension.

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

next time you need seals replaced call me. i will get the right fluid in there. but since its too late for that. send them to traxxion and you will be fine

4. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

ya can't go wrong with max....my tlr is there now....hope to have it by the 16th 17th, not sure as they'll be in daytona til the 11th. but i'll have it for roebling. [​IMG]sorry to hear that crap about your forks [​IMG]

5. Wera#124

Wera#124 Well-Known Member

I agree, sent mine in for just fork seals, but then decided to have the entire forks reworked. Best "dollar vs performance" improvement I ever did.

6. HNIC 102

HNIC 102 Well-Known Member

Scuzzlebutt, will this be your 1st race weekend? IF so what races are you running.

7. scuzzlebutt

It would be my first race weekend, but the after spending countless hours trying to get the bike to handle right, look good, and pass tech, it decided to not run anymore! I think that possibly my coil pick-up is shot. Anywho, for some reason I'm not getting any spark. If I can afford it, I'll be at Roebling to race in Heavyweight Twins(novice), but I will still be there just to watch/party!

8. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

If you just took the kickstand off there is a switch that will prevent the bike from running on the Suzooks. You need to put a jumper on that wire. Either take the whole switch off and put a jumper at the connector or cut and wire the ends together.

9. scuzzlebutt

Yeah, I've looped the kickstand wire. I got it running now, the plugs were just fouled so bad they were beyond resurrection. Now if I can just get that handling down!

10. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

So what did you do about the rebound mechanism?

11. scuzzlebutt

I have since given up on making the Roebling Road event. I'll be there spectating, but not racing [​IMG] I'm just going to give the forks to Traxxion and let them figure them out.

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

its a tl, the plugs foul whenever it gets cold