1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TYREDOWN anyone try one? have feedback?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by canismajor, Mar 11, 2010.

1. canismajor

canismajor Well-Known Member

2. its_nero

its_nero Well-Known Member

It seems with those the mounting points for the hooks need to be perpendicular to the center of the wheel (or at least almost). If it is at an angle of any kind, then that would make the force the straps exert on the tire less than straight down...which could cause them to slip (maybe more so in the rain). Just IMO.

3. BearcatRR

BearcatRR Well-Known Member

4. canismajor

canismajor Well-Known Member

the tyre downs are 120 on ebay....so i could get two tyre downs (i need two) for the price of one pitbull...which are bike specific.

noone with experience with em yet?

5. Kam

Kam Well-Known Member

you would still need a nice front wheel chock to hold the front, and if you dont tie down the front a good bump and the front could twist out. Not a good system imo.

6. jpgroup

jpgroup Well-Known Member

I have a brand new one never used for sale. PM me a offer if you want it.

7. froggert

froggert Well-Known Member

what's the benefit? i run a regular tiedown through the rear wheel from side to side in the bed of my pickup just to keep the bike from bouncing around. isn't that the same effect as the tyredown?

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Buy them, write up a review, and let us know how they work out.

9. jpgroup

jpgroup Well-Known Member

Benefit you dont have to compress the front forks.

10. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

strapless stands best thing ive bought.

11. Sleeping Psycho

Sleeping Psycho Well-Known Member

Clever but not the answer. The Pit Bull Trailer Restraint System is state of the art technology and If anyone ever offers a better product to secure a bike, I'll buy that product too.

12. tazrider

tazrider Greenwood Racing Wera 71

I'm with this guy!:up:

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

The downside is that you are putting travel on your forks anyway. What hurts them worse? Strapped down or bouncing with the ride in your trailer on a long trip?

14. WERA_864

WERA_864 Well-Known Member

Ive got one, it works great.

I have one of those rail trailers, so cant really do the pitbull solution. Also in order to tie down with straps, I had to take my pipe and tail off, a real chore.

I have a wheel grab in front, that I attach 2, 2" velcro straps around the wheel so it cant come loose, then the tyredown on the back and Im set.