Bazzaz TC software questions.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 418, Mar 1, 2010.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Couple of things I need to verify before I mess with this thing any more.

What is the difference between the "cut level" vs "TC sensitivity"? I guess the former is how much it cuts out once it does activate, and the latter is how soon it actually activates in the first place? Just making sure I don't have this ass backward.

As for the TC remote adjust switch, does the "off" position pertain to the switch itself or the traction control unit?

Also, my switch seems to register only 5, -5 and OFF. Any ideas? It's a pre loved unit so I'm thinking somebody "fixed it" and wired it up wrong?

TIA guys.

2. sweetr6

sweetr6 Firefighter Extrordinare

the switch in the off position will turn off the traction control, and that's the right switch. Bazzaz suggests you set the sensitivity of the tc to 5 across the board. with the switch at 0 you get a sensitivity of 5, if you turn the switch to +5 the overall sensitivity becomes 10 and when you turn the switch to the negatives it cuts the sensitivity down from 5 down to zero.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4931335/13134387

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup, I've seen that video. That's how I figured out my switch isn't working correctly.

I can only adjust the switch +5, -5 and OFF. Nothing in between. It reads -5 in any position besides +5, at which point it reads +5. Makes sense? :D

I also noticed my A,B,C modes are not functioning anymore, I presume it's the result of hooking up the Bazzaz unit.

4. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

the map selector not working is a result (I was told anyways) from disconnecting the steering damper...I haven't verified this, just what I have been told.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I thought it had it before, I might be on crack.

Also I just noticed the Bazzaz won't register the right rpm's for some reason. It's fine at idle and then it goes all over the place when you give it throttle?

Call me when you've got some time.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

On a side note if you haven't checked it out read the RRW article this month about setting up the Bazzaz TC - it's a good read for sure.

I'm curious to see how the individual gear trims will work down the road.

7. CHEFROUGE!

CHEFROUGE! Active Member

As far as your rmp not reg right I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the conection at the tps

8. 418

418 Expert #59

I've read it, good read indeed but I wish they had provided some sort of a basic map people could go off of. I know everybody is different but any basic input would have been nice. From what I understand the default Bazzaz settings are useless.

9. random hero

random hero Banned

Have you tried calling them? I had some issues and their tech guys were great, walked me through a couple issues in a few minutes.. Saved me a lot of time and headaches.

One a side note.. I've talked to guys who said the TC set on 5 is way to much. On my 600, it'll pop and semi-cut out when the bike is leaned over when accelerating. No idea if that's the TC or if something is goofy with it. I'll have to figure that out when it warms up here

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My map selector works, but I closed the loop on the wiring after I installed the ohlins.

11. sideways_skinny

I just got home from work, removed a few viruses from my computer, and got some useful info on the bazzaz stuff, so I will give you a call when I can. We are just way too busy...

And not to hi-jack...but I put the PC3, K&N, new chain and sprockets and the ohlins on tonight. took about 3 hours for everything, and I cant tell you what a difference it has made. Just on the ride home, the ohlins feels like a pillowtop mattress, where the stock shock is just a plank of wood. lol. next up, get huey to teach me the tuning link for the PC3, and spend some time on the dyno.

12. sideways_skinny

Yeah, Ron has helped me out before, but I dont want to be calling him everyday, I know he is busy.