1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF NESBA selling BioWeapon "race fuel"???

Discussion in 'General' started by Fuklestheklown, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Hellz yeah! You could count the number of "exotics" in the paddock on your fingers, you wrapped your knees with duct tape (before knee sliders) and there weren't any tire warmers to deal with.
    We had a rider back in 1990. He and Eric Wood would swap off on 1st and 2nd place trophies rather consistently in one of the lightweight classes. I was up there one weekend and at the end of the day, after he had won both of his races, he asked if I was about to leave. I told him I was, and he suggested that we ride back to the South Shore together. I was confused at first and asked how he was getting his race bike home. "Oh, I'm riding it." he said, and he attached a license plate to the bracket. He arranged for one of the other local riders to bring his tools and leathers home. It was a hell of a ride that day! I think he had as much fun dicing with me on the highway as he did with Eric on the track!

2. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

No I was making fun of him here because he was a douche about it. Be a douche, become fair game. Congratulations, you just made the list.

3. mdr14

mdr14 What?

I was looking for the emoticon that had the gun pointing to its own head and pulls the trigger with the emoticon brains splattering everywhere.

Cause thats kinda what I feel like doing after reading this thread.

4. Red900

Red900 Well-Known Member

Matt, call up and get some chicken stuff shipped to you and do some dyno testing for us....

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:crackup:

6. Seraphim38

Seraphim38 Well-Known Member

Every reference to chicken makes me want some hot wings.

7. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

I'm sayin! Hooters needs to get on this and make their bikes smell like wings!

8. Seraphim38

Seraphim38 Well-Known Member

That's all I need...to be drafting someone down the main straight and smell barbequed chicken from his exhaust

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

So I go this ice race last weekend and my baby momma stops me just as we walk in and says, "Stop. Smell the race gas, I love that smell."

2XIDB

10. badwee

badwee Active Member

The 15 Gallon Container is $125 with a $10 core. That is $7.66/ Gallon if you exchange the pump and drum. The drum and pump are worth about $40, so if you keep them the fuel cost is About $5.67/ Gallon. I will also point out that there are before and after dyno graphs for each bike on the website. All of the engine tuning and dyno runs were performed by Seth Starns at his shop in Dallas, NC.

11. mdr14

mdr14 What?

I see no evidence of valid scientific testing with the dyno charts that are shown on the Biofuel website.

My professional assessment is that any claims are inconclusive at this time.

12. Been-Jammin

Nice. :up:

13. badwee

badwee Active Member

Please explain how we can improve our website. What would you consider evidence of "valid scientific testing"? We wish to accommodate you and all those who visit bwfuel.com .

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Forget motorbikes, 93 octane and no ethanol sounds like just the ticket for my saws. Lawn care and tree professionals, there's your market. Sell it by the gallon on the shelf in mart mart to Joe Homeowner who is tired of getting his Poulan fixed, too. You'll make a mint.

I want a percentage.

15. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Sorry I quoted the wrong price. I got confused by your website, when I clicked on "BeaveRun" it came up with a price of $165, and I thought that was for the 15-gal. drum delivery. Now I see that you have NESBA prices linked to your website for some reason.

OK, at $125/drum, that sounds pretty reasonable as compared to other sources of non-ethanol-contaminated fuel. (Yeah, I consider ethanol added to fuel to be contamination. Like politicians pissing in your gas tank and laughing at you.)

(One other little thing: Your fuel drums are blue? In NJ, those are illegal for gasoline. Gasoline must by NJ law be dispensed in red containers only.)

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

^ last time I was in NJ, they refused to fill blue cans, but they were just as happy to fill my red can, and watch me pour it into my buddy's blue can.

the law student in me says, "define 'dispense.'" ;-) rules are made to be bent.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I would like to see a side by side comparo to say U4.4 , BioChicken, and some other race gas such as Sunoco 260. All of them claim a 6% gain over pump fuel. Use pump fuel as a control (like in Mythbusters) and see if what fuel companies claim actually deliver. Sort of like a Snell test but for fuels.

18. Been-Jammin

I think if you can get pump fuel alone without all the additives, you'll gain X% in power.

I recall some years back doing dyno stuff with turbo systems and being able to get upwards of 10hp difference just between brands of pump fuel. We did some research then and discovered that there were a bunch of additives in the fuel, reducing it's overall ability to perform.

To be specific, the 1995 "new formula Shell" was the worst and Mobil 93 (had the least amount of additives) did the best on our drag bikes. Amoco Ultra 93 was a close second. Don't ask why we were running pump gas in turbo bikes, that's another story completely.

Things have changed a bit since then, but I'm sure the amount of additives in "pump gas" has a great deal to do with it's performance... likewise the lack of additives...

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I see.

20. badwee

badwee Active Member

The $165 is the cost for the NESBA track day.

The red vs. blue container stipulation only applies to containers under 10 gallons. Reference statute NJAC12:196-1.6 This law also applies to dispensing gasoline at a retail location, not shipping /delivering it in containers, hence VP's blue 5 gallon pails are also not affected. A side note NJ and Oregon are the only two states that do not let customers dispense their own fuel.