1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips to get into endurance racing

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by innovativems, Feb 27, 2010.

1. innovativems

innovativems Well-Known Member

I'm new to wera. Anyone have any tips to get into endurance racing. I'm just looking to have fun and team with my brother. I've been track riding with nesba and am planning to use my 06 1000rr. Motor is stock internals with added mods, suspension is all ohlins, and brakes are my next focus.

Any tips on races around the Midwest (I live in Iowa) or bike tech or anything is appreciated.

2. racerboy190

racerboy190 Active Member

I am looking with you. Maybe we can talk some time or team up.
    email me sometime [email protected]

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Try some regular CRA races first. You're pretty far from any WERA endurance races, Grattan would probably be the closest.

4. innovativems

I looked into CRA, sound like what I'm looking for with the exception that I would have to have an expert license to run my 1000rr.

5. innovativems

I'll shoot you an email soon!

Thanks

6. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

You could also try the CCS/ASRA Team Challenge at Blackhawk in May. Not quite the same as a WERA endurance but that would get your feet wet. Also it's alot closer to Iowa.

You could run your 1000 as a amateur too.

7. innovativems

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out!