1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you guys using for pit bikes?

Discussion in 'General' started by mysticblu999, Feb 27, 2010.

1. mysticblu999

mysticblu999 Active Member

I'm looking at getting a pit bike. I'm looking for something with a rack or a place for one, I would like to be able to carry tires and wheels on the back some how. I'm looking at maybe a DR200. What do you guys use and what do you like about it?

2. eboos

eboos Slowski

I was thinking about making a tire and fuel rack for my TTR125. Something sort of saddlebag style. Right now, it just gets me around.

3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

KE100
    Street Legal
    Right size for running around the pits, fast enough to ride to store or motel if need be.
    Cheap
    Smell of two stroke oil.

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

A Geely scooter.

5. lrrs699

lrrs699 EX ccs/lrrs

6. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Zuma. Anything else is just a compromise.
    Steve

7. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Honda Elite FTW!!! lol

Never thought I could say that.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You still can't :crackup:

9. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Believe it or not, the rulebook covers what you're supposed to use as a pit bike at a WERA event.

10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

The Zuma is too close for more than one wheel at a time. We have one of those too.

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

My spree is pretty nice, and they come up pretty cheap. I can carry one set of wheels with tires, but it gets tricky. A Zuma pulling a folding cart is the hot setup, but I make do with the Spree.

12. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

CRF50/88

13. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Yamaha Vino :cool:

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Honda Ruckus. Big Ruckus if you can afford it. FTW

15. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I had to look because I had forgotten the wording. To save somebody else the RTFRB hassle, here is the rule:

"19. Pit bikes must have a number plate bearing the competition number of the rider (or endurance team) to whom it belongs and must be operated responsibly including but not limited to speed limits, wheelies, etc. Pit bikes that are not licensed for the street must not exceed 100cc in displacement. No one under the age of 14 may operate a motorized pit bike. Failure to follow these rules will result in impounding of the pit bike until the owner leaves the premises."

The 2010 Honda Elite has a whopping 108cc motor, thus is illegal unless it is registered. That means it would have to be insured and inspected, too.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're not going to be enforcing it all that strictly. My quad is a 700 and not licensed...

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:clap: I'm calling the... well... uh, who would i call to report such an infraction?:D

18. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

I sometimes use this pedal car I built out of schedule 40 PVC and Bicycle parts. I can carry two wheels and a set of tires. It's pedal and electric with a top speed of 25 MPH and a range of 12 miles on electric only. Two adults can ride and pedal at same time. It is for sale if interested.

Attached Files:

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Yamaha Vino, Zuma, and TTR w/ SM wheels.

20. mysticblu999

mysticblu999 Active Member

Scooters might not be a bad idea. You guys got any pics?