Anyone care to critque my body position?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by MOTOXAZ, Feb 10, 2010.

1. MOTOXAZ

MOTOXAZ Well-Known Member

2. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

IMHO, looks pretty good. There are TONS of really fast guys who look exactly like that.

If I had to nit pick, I'd maybe say the age-old bit about getting your head and upper body down and off the bike - parallel to the bike. In other words: Your ass, shoulders and head in a straight line off the side of the bike with your face down by where your mirror would be while keeping your arms nice and loose.

Otherwise, looking good. :up:

3. 418

418 Expert #59

FWIW...

No need to stick that knee out so far. It looks like you're trying to hard and probably feels awkward. Personally I think you need to get your head over into the corner more. That will "drop" your shoulder as well. I would also slide the knee forward. The biggest thing is the knee I think, way out there for no reason.

4. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

I thought of mentioning that too. I think you're right. For the lean angle in the photos, no reason for the knee to be out that far. I wish I could get my knee out half that far, but that's a whole nother story.

Anyway, pull the knee in a bit and work on getting your body off the bike.

5. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, getting you knee on the deck is really to let you know how far over you are. You got another 20 degrees or so before it matters.

Pull it in, you'll go faster :)

6. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

Do whats comfortable. thats probably the most important thing about body position. you dont have to hang way off to be fast. but you do need to be aware of what the bike is doing and adjust your position to that.

7. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

All I can add it try to slide off the seat a bit more, or rotate your upper body out and lean forward, looks like your pulling back.

8. 00silv4.8

00silv4.8 I wanna go fast!

lookin pretty fly for a white guy :cool:

told you you were probably being too critical, haha but for the record he is pretty lanky

cant wait for the 7th buddy :beer:

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Better to post a video. Hard to pick a pic out of thin air and say how is my form.

Its like taking a word out of context from a sentence, you have no idea what the real meaning is unless you see it as a whole.

10. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid:

11. MOTOXAZ

Ya im trying to get an onboard camera or someone with a zoom lens that can take video.

12. MOTOXAZ

Thanks for all the help everyone. Keep it coming

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Imagine where the mirror WOULD be if your bike had them.
    Get your face lined up where the inside mirror would be if the were there.

I think that might be a helpful tip.

I know many times on my old 01 GSXR1000 I'd feel my helmet bump up against the fairing/windscreen.

Not as easy on my 06 GSXR600 because the bike is so much smaller..but the mirror thing works for me.

14. sokali

sokali Well-Known Member

Cool, I feel better now. Have the same problem on my 03 750. I was thinking about trimming the windscreen a bit. :rolleyes:

15. Dezy

Dezy Well-Known Member

16. MOTOXAZ

Ya that rearset bracket is bent and makes it a little difficult to get your foot places correctly when going thru a chicane or some fast direction changes. Sato wants an arm and a leg for a new bracket. Thanks for the input.

17. HOOCH

HOOCH Well-Known Member

You look very similar to the way i used to look when i rode, everybody kept telln me to keep the back parallel with the bike bend my elbows more and put my head basically where the mirror used to be! It took a few track days to accomplish this cause im kinda big for bikes 6'2", my knee and elbows stick way out, ben spies elbows got nothin on me lol...keep up the good work dont force it, it just takes seat time and my advice work on one thing at a time!

18. MOTOXAZ

Hey thanks ya I'm 6'2" as well. Ya im already a lot better then I was three trackdays ago but lots of stuff to still work on. Thanks for the input everyone keep it coming.

19. needatrackbike

needatrackbike Well-Known Member

I have a hi deff go pro.. maybe on the 7th I will follow you.. what group you riding?

20. sweetr6

sweetr6 Firefighter Extrordinare

I think you need to ride however you feel most comfortable and not how another rider thinks you should. By all means try all the suggestions and vary your form, but stick with what works for YOU. These are two super fast riders with two totally different styles but they do what works for them on their machine. Head and shoulders down or up, you can be fast either way as long as you're comfortable.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010