1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripped off, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by LBNY, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

In before the lock...

wait, why hasn't this been locked yet? I want the last 37minutes of my life back from reading this...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We were waiting for your post. Duh.

I think I'm ready for a beer :D

3. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Just not here yet.

4. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

Wrong.

It was Colonel Mustard, on the treadmill, with the plane, which did take off.

Checkmate.

5. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Damn and all along I was thinking it was the butler, with a speedo healer on the test ride........

:Pop:

6. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

What the hell guys, this almost fell off the front page.

slackers. (It was the butler, in the library, with a candlestick.)

7. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

I find this interesting...EDR built 2 bikes. 1 is a EDR 2007 R6 Superbike which initially was owned and built for EDR use; however it was later sold to a Guy in California and I believe LA to be specific. The 2nd bike was a Custom 2007 R6 EDR Street Version for Cliff Cayer. Per this link, http://pnwriders.com/general-discussion/54056-edr-r6-superbike-custom-street-bike.html I’m pretty sure this is Cliff’s bike “Note the price and the price mentioned here in earlier threads.... “35K”. At the end of the thread EDR says the California and this bike belongs to the “SAME” owner. Who is the SAME owner, Cliff or the poser chick? I’m wondering if Cliff in fact bought the EDR Superbike and maybe something happen to the Superbike engine and the Street bike engine parts were used to salvage the Superbike? Perhaps EDR did the work for Cliff and didn’t realize Cliff was still advertising the bike as the original build after they had yanked the parts out “OR” EDR knew that Cliff was being shady but figured we are only shipping the bike so no issue for us? Even though EDR knew Cliff was up to no good, I think EDR turned the other cheek since they have a good monetary relationship...besides, who would have thought the OP would have a reason to open the engine????? Worst case scenario we only shipped the bike, so we are not the one at fault. Perhaps Cliff is a rich California boy who travels “ALL the Time” who lied about his financial issues. I now understand why the OP got the bike so cheap...”Missing parts eh???”

Something must went “CRACK” on the EDR Superbike and the OP bike was used to salvage the bike. Below are both bikes engine builds. The missing parts are interchangeable. I think CLIFF is to blame; however, I DO feel that EDR knew about the shady transaction and failed to do anything about it thus making them look shady as well.

Motor - EDR Superbike (Now owned by the rich fuc CLIFF?)
    •Motor: Full EDR superbike build
    •Air Box: EDR Modified Airbox, BMC Race Air Filter
    •Cylinder Head: EDR Fully welded/ported superbike Stage VI cylinder head,
    •Valve train: YEC 07 spec camshafts, YEC valve springs, APE Billet cam chain tensioner
    •Pistons: EDR Spec JE Pistons 636cc, 14.3:1 FSR design. Performance NW Coated.
    •Rods: Carrillo Steel
    •Crankshaft: EDR Ultra balanced and lightened
    •Transmission: OEM
    •Clutch: EDR Modified oem slipper clutch with vesrah clutch pak, YEC Clutch springs
    •Exhaust: EDR Modified Full Titanium Akrapovic EVO system with custom EDR modified carbon Canister
    •Electronics: Dynojet Powercommander III-usb, Dyno Jet Ignition module, Dyno Jet 2way map switch, Dyno Jet Quick shifter
    •Case Covers: EDR Billet Engine case covers
    •Fuel: VP MR-11 & 92oct Pump gas (map switchable)
    •Fluids: Motul 300 5/30w Synthetic Oil, Motul RBF brake/clutch, Redline Water wetter-coolant

Motor – CLIFF’s Bike
    •Motor: (Full AMA FX build)
    •Air Box: EDR Modified Airbox, BMC Race Air Filter
    •Cylinder Head: EDR Fully welded/ported superbike Stage VI cylinder head,
    •Valve train: YEC 07 spec camshafts, YEC valve springs, APE Billet cam chain tensioner
    •Pistons: EDR Spec JE Pistons 599cc, 14.1:1 FSR design. Performance NW Coated.
    •Rods: Carrillo Steel
    •Crankshaft: EDR Ultra balanced and lightened
    •Transmission: OEM
    •Clutch: EDR Modified oem slipper clutch with vesrah clutch pak, YEC Clutch springs
    •Exhaust: EDR Modified Full Titanium Arata Race system with custom modified EDR black anodized Canister
    •Electronics: Dynojet Powercommander III-usb, Dyno Jet Ignition module, Dyno Jet 2way map switch, Dyno Jet Quick shifter
    •Case Covers: EDR Billet Engine case covers
    •Fuel: VP MR-11 & 92oct Pump gas (map switchable)
    •Fluids: Motul 300 5/30w Synthetic Oil, Motul RBF brake/clutch, Redline Water wetter-coolant

8. US129SLAYER

US129SLAYER Well-Known Member

:stupid: sounds like good logic to me

9. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Your completely missing the point. I guess I gotta spell it out, numerous times, he's said he is so fucking busy in the dyno room, pregnant wife and working, etc, that he has no time to check PM's, log on etc, yet he can rattle off 5000 posts on his own site, AND numerous posts on the OMRRA and WMRRA forums.

The OP said he sent emails and PM's and EDR never answered them, hence why I said what I said.

Your killing us.

10. LBNY

LBNY Member

I took a bunch of pics today, got confirmation on the replacement rod from Carrillo date ordered etc. Pics BS stage IV head. Looks like a shit pocket port job, nothing welded? If Eric wants to sue me go ahead. Facts are I got ripped off. I asked a friend who knows nothing about motorcycles and laid the facts out for him. The only point he made that may make some sense is that Cliff had EDR remove the parts and Eric is being loyal to Cliff? If Eric called me and that was the case I would have kept it confidential and apologized on the board for a big misunderstanding to save face for EDR. Then had some words with Cliff. The problem is Eric is saying I'm lying and I am not. I will post all pics but need some adapter for my computer so it reads the card, going to radio shack tommorrow after work. After going through my documentation I feel very good. Pics of motor and parts, 2 credible people that were present when motor was broken down and didn't have the parts advertised. I have photo's and documentation of all original sales posting from internet just in case they are removed. Not that I'm worried about be sued, legally I own absoutely nothing, that's how people these days have to protect themselves. You can't get blood from a stone. Luckily enough I have very wealthy friends who will make sure I can drag the shit out of a law suit. If Eric knows who I am all he needs to do is pick up the phone and call me. If not it may not be wise for me to post my name yet.

11. random hero

random hero Banned

And the plot thickens....

12. caferace

caferace No.

Oh, OK. Now I'm convinced you're right. :crackup:

Your "thickening" threshold is rather low. :D

-jim

13. random hero

random hero Banned

Only part of the logic that's flawed is the part that makes EDR and Cliff look like thieves..... duh :p

14. US129SLAYER

Yeah I know its not logical to think Cliff and EDR actually ripped someone off that couldn't possibly be the case lol

15. random hero

random hero Banned

We better watch it, or we'll be lawyer'ing up soon :cool:

16. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Can someone wake we after EDR and LBNY's "lawyers" sort this out? This whole thread is starting to remind me of the Joe Mugambe thread from last winter. Next thing you know they'll be some lame YouTube video of when LBNY goes to Cliff's house to "straighten this out". :p

17. US129SLAYER

Lets hope so lol

18. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

The only point he made that may make some sense is that Cliff had EDR remove the parts and Eric is being loyal to Cliff?

I've been saying it all along that I believe this is what happen. I wont say that EDR knew exactly what Cliff was doing but they probably removed the parts for a fee and shipped the bike. Cliff could have easly said can you remove these parts from the bike because I sold it to this guy to exclude these parts. EDR says sure for $2,567.02 cause they are expensive, thinking it MAY be an issue between Seller and Buyer later down the road but it wouldn't be their fault; however, it backfired!!!

I think EDR likes the money their stand up guy has provided over the past 12 years as a company to include the free Porche rentals. The ALMIGHTY $$$$

I wonder if EDR and Cliff has said the below to one another?
    You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours/:p
    Forget about it. (From the Godfather)/
    I gotcha back/
    Friends to the End/
    2 against 1/:D
    Money can't buy love, but can buy friends. (Untill the cash runs out!):wow:
    Let's GET this money/:up:
    Money,Money,Money (New Jack City SoundTrack)
    When in doubt play possum/:beer:
    You looking to come up for this year, You Down?:up:

19. random hero

random hero Banned

I think, as it sits right now only 2 things are possible
    A) OP is a liar w/an axe to grind (doubt it)
    B) Cliff sold the bike, either arranged to have parts taken out of the bike before or after. He damn sure didn't do it himself, it's hard to change a motor out when your always traveling on a plane. EDR stated Cliff isn't a motorcycle guy, so I don't see him taking the motor apart... Especially to save $2k in parts when the guy obviously has $$.

I'm not seeing EDR taking this to court over a guy claiming he bought a bike that wasn't as advertised... There's nothing there to rule on. My guess is EDR, Cliff or the both lawyer'd up and are going to use scare tactics now to try and get this swept under the rug.

It's makes zero sense for the OP to come out of nowhere and make this up.. He wants nothing but an explanation. Cliff's obviously a very good customer, most shops don't have a guy come in and build two bikes worth $35k.... I think there is some loyalty with EDR and Cliff, and they'll do what they can to make sure this goes away.

If I'm wrong, I'll apologize for the parties I've offended, maybe even have EDR build me a motor :)

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Jesus, 37 pages! A lot of "He done me wrong!" threads happening lately.
    I propose a "Beef" section to contain all of these threads, since they are somewhere between being General and Political. There should be a "People's Court", presided over by Judge Mongo, with Papa as the D.A. who tears up the testimony that turns stupid and Dave K. as the Bailiff who pistol whips with a Glock anybody that pisses him off. Judge Mongo should make a ruling, then lock the thread.