1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn 4 crash at Las Vegas B superstock race

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

2. farva03r

farva03r Well-Known Member

R.I.P sir. prayers to his family and friends.

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

4. vonotna

vonotna Active Member

5. edehaven

edehaven Eric DeHaven SoCalRaceDad

RIP..

Drew, dont let this be a damper.. I am not trying to sound harsh, actually the exact opposite.
    As an officer especially I suspect like most of us he understood the dangers as well as the rewards. It sadens me to loose a fellow racer and I do hope that more tracks will start to see the benefits of paved runoffs (a whole other story).
    But do remember for yourself he passed doing something he enjoyed, and that is an honorable thing.
    As the parent of a young racer, who has had some scary crashes, its a conversation we have had more then a few times. Austin takes into account the risks on his own, and weighs them against the reward and the real chances of serious injury.
    My point. Dont let it discourage you from racing and chasing your dreams. If we all avoided risk we would never live..

Godspeed..

6. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

couldnt have said it better.......

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Horrible news. RIP.

8. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

9. Bossracing

Bossracing Bossracing

RIP, prayers to the family

10. 418

418 Expert #59

RIP.

Running out of "comments" for stuff like this. It just sucks.

11. 7-FITTY

7-FITTY Well-Known Member

Sad news:down:! Prayers for family & friends.

12. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

Godspeed

13. mtlcricket

mtlcricket Active Member

Following what Eric had to say, as another parent of a young racer I sometimes want to ask my daughter to quit this sport that she loves so much, but I stop to think on things that she has said when something like this happens, the main thing is that she admits the dangers but nothing else gives her the excitement and fulfillmet as does riding a bike on a track with other racers.
    She has used a qoute on several occasions such as this, of course it leans more towards flattrack but I think all racers can relate, (Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave whole body, but rather full throttle, going in sideways yelling "HOLY SHIT" what a ride!)
    Our prayers go out to his family and friends

Godspeed Joe

14. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear losing a fellow rider...RIP Bud

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:( Godspeed brother, my heart goes out to your family and friends.

16. GSX-R 3/4K

GSX-R 3/4K Well-Known Member

17. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

it's sad to start the season off like this, but like others said, it happened doing what was loved. Keep it safe out there!

18. Cash Vega

Cash Vega New Member

I am terribly saddened to hear about the passing of a fellow racer this weekend in Vegas. My thoughts and condolences are with his family and friends. God bless you all.

19. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

20. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

The worst news to hear so early in the season. RIP. Prayers for family and freinds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.