SX starts tonight!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jan 9, 2010.

1. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

JJ and RJ were car driving teammates in ASA (American Speed Association) when I was doing that series a while back. Jimmy was ROY and second in the championship then moved to the Busch series and so on.

RJ didn't have quite the same success and returned to offroad trucks, a coaching job with Suzuki and occasionally the broadcast booth -- among other things.

It is one of the highlights of my career to have shared the booth at the Daytona Supercross with David Bailey and Rick Johnson. Now if JJ had stopped by it would have been even better.

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

its not name dropping when you know them, i was in mx most of my life thats all

3. seth399

seth399 live to ride

that was the worst guitar work I've heard in a LONG time!

On Jlaw, the guy has ridden like six times after being in jail 4 months...I'd like to see others go out there and qualify and then put in 20 laps in a pro race:tut:

4. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

why did Honda resign any of those crap ass riders from last year. To get beat by 30 seconds time after time is just crazy.

5. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Realistically that's just how much faster Stewart, Reed and now Dungey are than the rest. The same could be said about all kinds of racing.

6. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you sign a multiple year contract. Tedesco was on his last year and when the music stopped, he didn't have a ride.

7. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I got to know quite a few of those guys back in the early 80's (a few of them really well since they rode for the same team that I wrenched for at the time). ;)

8. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Random thoughts.......something was definetly not right with Stewart. He had some trouble healthwise in the offseason....I don't know if that was it or setup with the bike, but he didn't look like his usual self. Dungey did well, but watch how bad JS tears him up when he gets this sorted. Just like last year, he'll get the bike working and be gone.

I was surprised to see Villopoto get passed by Short and Windham. Reed just sucks at starts. It hurt him last year and it's screwed him already this year.

DAMN, I wish the DMG Roadracing series was in at least the shape of the AMA Supercross series. I'd probably be racing it.

9. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I just watched my first ever SX race, and I am hooked. I watched the lites race live, but had to wait til today to pick up the main event. Holy Cow! That is really nice, watching an entire race, with no commercials. I liked the format of having the interviews and commercials at the end, it made the entire race very accessible. I know next to nothing about SX, but I think that the announcers did a good job. Too bad that Shaheen's voice reminded me of his suck-ass announcing for the Superbike stuff, but the camera work really made the race shine.

I also told my wife that we are going to the Seattle SX round, no matter what.

So, what makes this so much better than road racing? Is it the short track, all in one spot, with short races? 20 minute race for the main, and 12-15 for the lites makes it pretty accessible. I would say that being able to see the entire track, and the fact that a pass here is about as subtle as a bag of hammers compared to road racing, plus Stewart making up a 5 second deficit in 2 laps doesn't hurt. Good stuff.

10. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid:

Couldn't believe it. With the way things are economy wise, you're still seeing big sponsors, big rigs and money everywhere. SX boys are doing something right.

11. random hero

random hero Banned

I noticed that too.... What was odd to me is Stewart was SOAKED with sweat after a 6 lap heat race. I think there's more to than we know, maybe he's been banged up, or not 100% healthy

12. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

It did look like Stewart was sweating like a whore in church after the main. When Decoster signed Dungey out of the B class, they sent him to one of the Olympic style training centers and apparently the kid's respiratory system is ridiculous. He had Lance Armstrong like lungs I guess and I can see now why he never really looks worked.

13. Chip

Chip Registered

Not taking a giant shit on the people who make the bikes and fund your series is a great place to start.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

GTFO!!! Seriously? No.

15. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

guys how about jo jo keller, last time i saw him race was in the 90's at unadilla, he beat "factory phil" lawrence amongst other notables, i remember i was near phil when he asked his mechanic where jo jo finished you should have seen the look on his face, what was amazing was the guy never stood up on the pegs, he basically was on the seat the whole time, and in between motos i think i saw him over at the huge chicken bbq pit, he was visably overweight, but still fast as hell, i think he got 7th overall that day, the crowd was cheering for him lap after lap both motos

16. seth399

seth399 live to ride

haha dude, he was still doing some new england racing when I was racing 80s...it was scary how fast he went at southwick being that big!

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

i thought the whole point of time delay was for editing purposes. for example, being able to edit out chad saying what a shitty start he got...? not saying you're wrong, just wanted to know how that slipped through the cracks