1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 North/South Showdown

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by paistes5, Dec 8, 2009.

1. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

From AL to MI in Jan!?!? Bring your coat! an not those jacket's that southern folk wear.

And since when are there job openings in Michigan???

Seriously though welcome to the NC, see you at Grattan :up:

2. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

I'll keep the beers on ice for you then!

3. dan blankenship

dan blankenship Well-Known Member

Got a line on one now...out of SC. We know how to do some serious massaging on a 6r. :)

Hey...where is Gypsy 99 these days??

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

this coming from a guy who moved straight to a town called AY-RAB

5. Ghamilton

Ghamilton Well-Known Member

Livonia?

Maybe you could rent a room from KMC's Pops. Plan on going to the Team Chicago track school in April. It's at Grattan and usually has a practice day the day after.

Gordon

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yous guys got nuttin on us.

Bitches!!!

7. dan blankenship

Don't make me have to buy B'stones from you and smack you around on your own track.

8. stickboy274

My ego is strong. I can take it.

How have you been?

9. dan blankenship

Doing good...back to racing on the 01 Aprilia and looking to get a Vintage weapon for next season. Still running the B'stones and racing CMRA here in Texas. Been working on getting WERA Vintage here in Texas and it looks like it is going to happen.

10. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

My brother has a wife and kids..........when he get's done with the honey-do list I have another ZX6R in my garage for him to sort out and come back and play. His SV is still sitting in his garage with alot of dust on it.

Didn't you get steam rollered at Nashville a couple years back on an Aprillia? I hope all is well.

:beer:

11. stickboy274

I remember the Aprillia didn't want him on it back then.

12. dan blankenship

Yeah...I tried to change the oil on your brothers bike during the race and it didn't work out to well. I did few races in 08 then my first full season back this year in the CMRA running endurance and did pretty good. After much motor work on the Aprilia I am planning on a full season of sprints and looking to put a vintage bike into the mix as well. Grand plan is to make a few WERA regional races to get points for GNF and make a run at the HWT's Novice title and see what damage I can do in vintage as well. I think 8 years as a novice is long enough and I am finally getting the bugs out both mental and physically after the beating that my right arm took...it took 5 years just to get all of the fingers in my right hand working again.

13. dan blankenship

Why's that?

Oh...and I found the problems in the motor that made it so slow and fixed them. :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  14. stickboy274

Kewl. Fast Aprillias are fun

15. dan blankenship

So why didn't you want me on it back then??

16. stickboy274

N o, I didn't have a problem with you being on it. It had a problem with you being on it the last time I saw it.

17. dan blankenship

Yeah....I did cook off that ultra soft rear....oops and ouch. Years later I have learned to change tire pressure depending on what the tire is telling me. You would be surprised what I can do on a hard rear on a cold track with the right pressure in the tire. :) I love my B'stones. Yeah...well if everything goes well in 2010 you will get to see me again...and I will call ahead for tires.

18. stickboy274

Kewl. I'm around everywhere. I'm easy to spot these days too. My new trailer is a little bigger than the last

19. dan blankenship

Yeah...in 2003 you were a little hard to spot. :cool: But somehow you always managed to stand out...:rolleyes:

20. stickboy274

I'm like that. now I'm in a 46' trailer. I found a smokin' deal and now I look more impressive than I am