1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 North/South Showdown

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by paistes5, Dec 8, 2009.

1. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

paistes5
    Congrats on the job! :up: You must have found the only one left here! :wow:

What city are you planning on moving too?

How about you buy my house and I'll move down to sweet home Alabama! :D

BTW, you'll love Grattan's layout, but you won't get to experience some of the "character" (ie bumps, cracks, mystery sealer, etc.) due to the repave. It has good elevation changes but it is a lot tighter than, say Barber. Plus it has a pretty long straight.

Hope to meet you and see ya the track next year. :beer:

2. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

43 years in Massachusetts and the last 10 in Louisiana .... I'll never go back ... I HATE the cold weather!

So am I a Yankee/Northerner or Southerner?

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Fahey, anyone who can successfully blend a Boston Accent with a Cajun accent is from the "Touched" region. Now take your helmet off so you can brush your teeth.

4. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

I'm not going back north! Hmmn, one mile an hour drive home in traffic or snow, only 2 seasons, construction or winter, car seats always cold, no summers anymore. Spring? What's that? It goes from winter to summer. Gray skies, partial pollution. Everyone has frumpy clothes on all year. However, It's a great palce to visit....and the food is great! Ok, I gotta go to Sanibel Island tomorrow, I'll make a sand drift for you guyz and think about you shoveling snow with a runny nose freezing on your lips, as I sit back drinking a cold one! Hmmn, did I also mention a local track day somewhere down here next month?

5. dan blankenship

dan blankenship Well-Known Member

Let just say that we have produced more champions than any other state...Polen, Edwards, Spies, Hayden..just to name a few all raced through here. And there are a handful of fast ones here waiting to take some vintage championships, especially one that I know that wants the V7Hw championship back.

6. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

well dan i'm from the rio grand valley,my parents brought me up here when i was 1.oh this is the vintage sec not witch state has the most champions,if you want the v7hw championship come get it.hell i'll even put you up, come make the trip i double dog dare you.
    gyspy all the white hens changed to 7-11's now it was a sad sad day.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  7. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

pasistes you'll get all the bumps at gratten for they did a have ass gob just like when they repaved the back sec,all the bumbs came up by spring.that's how the northern tracks are.again welcome

8. dan blankenship

Oh...it's not me that wants it, but he'd show up for a free place to stay. I'll let him know...freebies motivate him even more. As for me...I might have to bolt together a V7Mw to have fun with. I am sure the wife will like the new addition to the house.

9. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

build your v7mw & bring your friend.

10. dan blankenship

That would be the plan. If my twin cooperates then I should have the budget to do a second bike.

11. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

why would you build one when you could buy mine,oliver's or big ronnie's ? there all set up & its cheaper to buy one then build a new one from the ground up.

12. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Those are great bikes. Someone needs to buy them!!! We have lots of fun out there in the V7 paddock!

13. fistafury

fistafury Well-Known Member

You know the best thing about living in the mid-west is that it makes everywhere else that much nicer to visit.

14. dan blankenship

Cause my buddy already has 3 F2/F3's sitting at the shop waiting for work and he has a slew of parts for them so the real work is in just getting it together and refreshing motor internals. But then again I really want to find a ZX6R for the class...and I am waiting for my bonus check from work to fund this foray.

15. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Ahhhhhh.........another enlightened one. When your ready for a ZX6R drop me a line, I know where you can find a couple of them here in SC.

:beer:

16. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

yup, you're certainly a southerner now. got y'uns spellin all krunked up and such. ther learnin you good boy. that's an impressive list of tracks so close to your house gypsy. you must get out and blaze them quite a bit...

sorry eboz, not a prayer on the lance trade.

sauce, wtf do you know about downtown detroit? you couldn't rent, let alone buy jack shit downtown so keep on riding that bull homey. outside of downtown.....that's another story. you could have your own ranch anywhere within a 10 mile radius of downtown though.....with your own rodeo and mini flattrack. better build a good fence though...

what city are you moving to paiste? you're going to love grattan/beaver/mid ohio. don't go to nelson. the track and facilities are shit holes.

17. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

KMC, job is in Livonia, but not sure where I'm gonna live just yet. I better decide soon, I gotta be there in three weeks.

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Moving to Livonia in January?

I always thought you were kinda dumb, thanks for removing all doubt. :D

19. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Scotty, it's move there in January or remain unemployed. Dumb yes, stupid no. :moon:

20. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I can't get my secretary to edit my bbs submittals.........someone's gotta do the work while I defend the Mason-Dixon Line on this email machine.

As for krunked up...........look at Sauces last several posts........He must of had his hands stepped on by a bull or sumpin.......He's one of the Yankee allstars right?!

:beer: