1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuf Finale

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Roy Nelson? :confused:

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I dunno where I pulled Jones from... Big Country Roy Nelson.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I'm not sure who makes that call? Mazzagatti took a point and next thing you know DQ. So do the judges make the call?

4. tito

tito Well-Known Member

judges make the call......it is in the rules that if a fighter can't go on due to an illegal strike the person that threw the strike is dq'ed.
    my 2 cents on the end of the fight.......
    I think the ref was going to take a point away from jones but once it was determined that hammel can't go on jones gets dq'ed. the problem with this was hammel wasn't quitting because of the strike he was quitting because he broke or dislocated his shoulder when jones slammed him......so if jones wouldn't have thrown the strike, hammel likely would have quit between rounds.

5. Racer45

that's why I'm so confused. I really want to see Jones fight again since he was dominating until that point

6. tito

tito Well-Known Member

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

So Chuck and Tito are going to coach...

I predict a fight before their fight.

8. I don't think it will happen. If a fight didn't break out between Rashad and Rampage...it won't between these two. We'll just have to see I guess, I thought I remembered Chuck and Tito making up after the last beating.:D

9. Racer45

10. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I see Henderson just signed up with Strikeforce.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That sucks, can't believe they let him go.:confused:

12. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

He's a big name in the sport, if his contract was up he could have decided to go elsewhere.

13. Racer45

I think it centered more on he wanted a title shot and Silva wanted him to fight someone else and that winner would fight him. He believed he deserved another shot at Anderson and didn't get it so bye bye. Would have liked to seen him fight Silva again.

14. random hero

random hero Banned

I personally like seeing Strikeforce gaining momentum and hiring some top name fighters... UFC has been a real bummer in the past couple years, I'm sick of paying $50 to watch all of Dana's TUF "fighters" w/1-3 pro fights fighting on PPV... I think it's a joke personally. Fat country won't do much against Gonzaga, Mir, Cowan. Sure, a couple of TUF guys have gone on to do well, but I personally am sick of seeing the same ol' faces on every other PPV.... Stikeforce is free, the fights were MUUUUCH better than recent ufc's, and I don't have to deal w/the tool academy fighters

15. da chop

da chop BEN SPIES is my hero.

plus you dont have to listen to JOE(would you please shut the F@?K up)ROGAN

16. Really...I don't mind Rogan as much as I do the numb-skull that stands beside him.

"Right here in the Octagon". The dumbass sounds like the douche Rex off of Napoleon Dynamite. :rolleyes:

I personally like the commentating on WEC better. The fighting is typically much better as well.

BTW...I wonder if Dana said to himself..."Are you kidding me...I really have to full fill this contract and give this fat belly 6 figures". I think it would have been awesome for him to have said..."ya know what Big Country, you still haven't showed me anything so guess what, you didn't make my cut".

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  17. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Also, Hammill had blood in his eyes and is deaf so its very possible he thought the fight had been stopped by the ref. He may not have even seen Mazz's lips to be able to read him asking "can you continue?" I think the correct call was made for the dq due to elbows, but Bones Jones was clearing winning the fight.