Old Skol Skater Punks....

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jan 2, 2006.

1. TNRC

TNRC Well-Known Member

2. Booty Freak

Booty Freak Well-Known Member

I grew up 25 minutes from Ocean City. We use to
    hit up the boardwalk during the winter. I remember we were hiting
    some wall rides & a old lady told us all skaters worshiped the devil.
    I landed my first rail slide on the boardwalk. Ocean City's vert ramp
    was off the hook. The bowl not so much.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

the vert ramp was big. i mean.... 12'. with what, a good 1.5' of vert? i used to do the biggest cess slides across that thing. a really nice ramp. when they took out the other half of the bowl, to build the ramp, it all got kinda wrecked. it had a really low fence. you could ollie it from the bowl and roll into the other side if you were going fast enough. it was cool. and yeah, ive hurt myself a million times worse skating than i ever have on a bike. loose teeth, black eyes, destroyed ankles, wrists are trashed,knocked out cold....

we used to go up to phili in college, hang out, party, and skate for the weekends. just look at those socks and rolled pants!

we would smash together anything in the street to jump off of, onto, over, whatever.....

old school rector protectors! 1987!

Attached Files:

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Ok, what tricks did you guys rock at? My specialties were backside smith grinds all the way across a ramp, and gigantic boneless of all sorts of variations.

Let's hear it! :beer:

5. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Front & backside boneless, rail & truck grinds wheel slides & acid drops were about all I was good for. At my height skating, much like motorcycling, was not a sport that I had any natural talent for, not that it ever stopped me.

6. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I bust my ass trying to ollie. Everytime I attempt one I end up limping for a week and have a huge ass bruise on my hip for two weeks. :D

7. joec

joec brace yourself

people always said i could float a backside air the length of any ramp. i was pretty good at them. never learned frontside. method air too. backside grinds. fakey to rocker, rocker to fakey......fakey to disaster. was never a big vert fan. i could do it, but never got great. but i loved doing it.

on the street, 50/50's and boardslides. big big long layback power slides. we had a strip of 'thane on the street in front of my parents house prolly 75' long. nollies off anything with a little lip.

flatland....360's til i got dizzy and fell off. i can do about 100 shuvits in a row. plus push goofy and regular. and id jump off of/over about anything. hohos plants and sad plants.

Attached Files:

8. TNRC

TNRC Well-Known Member

Anything with getting air I liked. Inverts too. I guess frontside air was my favorite

Attached Files:

9. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

10. Booty Freak

I use to blast some huge ollie airs to stale fish grabs
    on the street ramps. Ollie to fakie on half pipes were cool. I just
    liked any type of street riding where you could flow with the elements.
    I'm gonna have to get me a scanner so I can post up on old pics. :D

11. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Mini ramp - back and front side ollies, feable grinds, blunts, tailslides

street-- heelflips, front foot impossibles, and big gaps.

I actually just put a board together after 8 yrs of not skating. They opened up a new park in the next town, and I thought I would be able to get it back in no time. My poor ankles and shins are all tore up now. :mad:

12. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

very cool to see all these pictures back in the day. I just recently got into shreddin bowls, and it's so much fun. I'm only 18, but i have been skating since i was 11 so i grew up street skating. I've hit my fairshare of stairsets and handrails, and definitely ate shit on a lot of em too. :D

13. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Omg. Dude. I "retired" from skating 5 years before you were born. :Poke:

14. Hanibal

Hanibal Well-Known Member

Everytime I cross the movie Rising Son on cable, I have to sit and watch it. Brings back so many memories. Nobody will ever have as much style on a skateboard as Christian Hosoi!...

Although Rune Glifberg is a close second!

15. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

I skated with Ray quite a bit, you say he's gone, I don't know why I wouldn't know something happened to Ray, I've been out of the loop.

What happened?! Shit.

16. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

from '90..

Attached Files:

17. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Sorry missed the start of this thread.

The travel was great, skatin all over the place and making a few bucks, couldn't be beat. Way back the old philly skatepark, cherry hill, vineland in nj, my home park, easy rider in wilmington, de, parks in nh, ny, pa. man it was fun. of course going to upland, delmar, etc.. great times.

18. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

Having a ramp & all, I was pretty good at all the usual grinds, bonelesses, slides, and the occasional railslide (using a 6x6 wooden beam as a rail as shown below) off the back of the ramp.

[​IMG]

I absolutely sucked at street skating though, I couldn't ollie if you held a gun to my head. Kind of embarrassing, really. :eek:

19. Booty Freak

I love quoting lines from the

"The Search for Animal Chin"

"Ripping style holmes" Tommy Guerrero

20. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

This was my first! Hand made it myself. Figured it couldn't be that hard.

[​IMG]

Never understood why it was so difficult to do all those skateboarding tricks. :confused: