On topic. Who is the fastest (greatest) that you have personally ridden with?

Discussion in 'General' started by SimplyInsane, Nov 23, 2009.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

yes, I know that S McQ and HM are the same person. Most of the dirt bike riders in the west knew that, too. But the hollywierd media didn't catch on for years.

The pop up thing means your turkey is cooked. Eat it. I'm betting that you don't need help with that part.

WWJR= What Would Jesus Ride? I'm thinking "Whatever he wants!"

2. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Scott Georgia boy Russell.

3. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Texas World--an old airport track....only raced there once with my boss Craig Vetter who was probably racing a green Rickman Kawasaki...racing was kind of sporatic for us then--we were shipping 400 Windjammers a day--just saw your 2005 RIP post:
    http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=97002

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Barry Sheene but it was unicycles :D

5. WERA166

WERA166 Well-Known Member

oh i forgot 2. i ripped up hwy 181 wit lee shierts bac in the day when he had that ufo magazine bike. some zx7/9 hybrid. it was cool!
    Also i been on the track with Mad Bad!!!!!! :moon:

6. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

John Kocinski-he lapped me at the 1985 GNF.

7. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Wow, where do I start? Good friend and hometown hero, Jimmy Adamo. We worked together at Sound Move Datsun in Westbury, NY. Pick your riders/champions from there.

I have been very fortunate in that I have not only rode with or against roadracings elite and royalty, I have maintained friendships with a number of them. To think, I was just a kid from the 'hood...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  8. DamnYankee

DamnYankee Well-Known Member

Mr. Daytona at Mugello.

I lived in Germany for a few years, and was a member of a private road-racing club. Scott Russell just happened to be testing at Mugello during one of our race weekends. He and Andy Meklau ran several races with the club members, including the B.O.T.T. race I entered. On the final lap, I had the best seat in the house for a few seconds as Scott and Andy passed me like I was standing still.

The photos were taken at the same corner, but that's the only similarity! Scott was back to his pre-crash form, and I was sporting the orange "rookie" vest.

Attached Files:

9. penguinracing

penguinracing Active Member

Doug Henry

When I started racing motards in 2000, I was the only one at Loudon. They were just getting popular again. A couple years later some guy calls asking if I would be willing to practice with him. He says he saw me ride up a Loudon, and wants someone to practice with. I said OK, its better than riding alone. He showed up at my house 3 hours away from his, the next week. Its Doug Henry, in a beat up pickup, driving 3 hours to ride with some no-name guy. It blew me away. I grew up with a poster of him MX-ing on my wall.

Jeff Wood
    WERA#19

10. Racerxl

Racerxl Member

Way back in the am days of racing,Collin Edwards-Purple 1992 F2,TZ-250,Jamie Bowman 1990 Hurricane#109,Aron Yates,baby blueF2.This is a raced with not rode with,have more too..

11. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

Cycle Jam 2009, we raced endunrace and I was on track with Josh Hayes and Ben Bostrom. Ben passed me under the bridge and backed it in up the hill going into the right hand turn. I still talk about like it was yesterday, yeah I rode with the PROS...lol

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Polen at buttonwillow on the 15 of nov

13. speedfree

speedfree not so slow as all that..

Danny Eslick at Road ATL w/NESBA - he showed me where I should be braking for 10a.

But Whitey was way cooler!

14. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I got lapped by Taylor Knapp a couple years ago at VIR when C superbike expert and novice got combined (so technically we weren't even in the same race). I knew the leaders couldn't be far from catching me but I looked over my shoulder after turn 2 and didn't see anybody on the straight heading for turn 1, then in the esses a green blur came by me like I was going backwards... I almost crapped my pants.:D

15. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

I chased Pridmore while he was giving a 2 up ride to my buddy. No he did not walk me but yes it was a pretty good pace and I am sure he was not trying hard! :up:

16. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

I raced Colin Edwards and Mark Miller on the old Manx TT video game off of Cannery Row in 1993 while we were there for the GP race.

On a real track, it was Doug Chandler, Chris Perris or Ben Thompson at Arroyo.

17. lyodbraun

lyodbraun Sprocket

Roger Hayden at Rd Atlanta back when he was riding a 1800 cyclegear gixer I was with him for a half a lap till the back straight LOL then was blown away.. of course I only had a 94 CBR 600F2 LOL but was fun to be able to ride next to him... he was very young then also...

18. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Josh Herrin.. WERA opener March '05 @ VIR I think.

Also road with Geoff May during a Nesba track day at Road ATL same year.. Nov '05.

19. trackjunkieX

trackjunkieX Banned

The fastest lap I ever did was on the back of Jason Primore's GSXR 1000

20. mille52

mille52 Old, Slow and Not Crabby

+1