your thoughts???

Discussion in 'General' started by Eagle088, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Eagle088

Eagle088 Banned

I am trying to sell my Ducati 749 in OKC. Basically I think the OKC Ducati dealer is giving me the shaft. I had me bike in there for the 12,000 mile service. Not only did they keep the bike for over a month, but they would not give me a rough estimate after I had asked on 3 separate occasions. So what do I get for my patience? A bill for $1,600.00!! I was kind of shocked but I paid for it. When I went in to pay for the service I mentioned I might be selling it soon and the guy in the dealership said that he might know a guy who may want it. He gave this guy a call, who is a doctor in Tulsa, and the Doc swung by on his way to OU/TX on Friday. He said that he would like to buy it. Now the dealership wants me to sign consignment papers so they can take a their cut of the sale. The only reason why the bike was at the dealership at all was because they took forever for the service and the bike was still not right and they had to keep it for a few more days and I still don't have it back!!

What do you guys think??

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Screw the dealership! If the Doc wants to buy it sell it to him. You owe dealer zilch, if Doc insist on consignment then screw him too.

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

There will be people saying as long as you get what you`re asking then what`s the difference? I say dealer has made enough money off the bike already.

4. steven alexande

steven alexande Well-Known Member

I also live in OKC, screw the dealer ship, they didn't do anything except screw u on the maintence charge. There is no reason they should get a cut, if anthing put the bike up for sale on local websites and the same buyer will find it and buy it.

5. Game

Game zip tie master

You lost me riiiiggghhhht about here.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

why would you pay $1600 for service that took a month? The sales lead is the least they can do.
    Tell them to sign your cack with their tongue.