Bluegrass Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by bEeR, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Will BMP open in 2010?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. No

67 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Who really cares anymore

91 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

vance city roads are totally diff type of blacktop. Plus there is a base layer down already on the city streets. With the multiple base layers BG needed along with the super high $$$$$$$$ top coat made at the blacktop plant specially for this use. Grading and heavy machinery work prob was way cheaper than the first layer of gravel/base they have to use.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You see the same thing in s/w time after time, thus the term vaporware. Entrepreneurs are optimistic by nature or they wouldn't be entrepreneurs. Engineers tend to be extreme pessimists on the other hand (yet we still fall for the vaporware at times)

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

The repave at Mid-Ohio was 2.5 million and that was a total repave with curbing.

4. STT-Rider

Difference is Bluegrass, it's there and not a demo on a screen.

If it were not for Entrepreneurs.. we wouldn''t need engineers.;)

5. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

I had a nice talk with Evelyn at VIR about this same thing. I agreed with her on it. Not worth the hassle till the track is operational.

6. sheepofblue

Not really, I have seen a lot of vaporware get out and be a great product but I no longer pre-purchase s/w. Similarly I did signup for Bluegrass in June, and got a credit (as I requested) when it was called. I anticipate they will run next year but time will tell. Hopefully they do as it is within range and central to me and a lot of friends with a great looking layout, I look forward to it happening.

And it is a screen demo or you would be having events there ;)

Oh and I was not being critical in the engineer/entrepreneur description just realistic and explaining why the folks in charge where off schedule. An engineer would want to plan for absolute worst case an entrepreneur will favor the best case. Even if they try account for it, their personality traits will help the slant.

7. STT-Rider

Who is in the middle?

8. CycleMyke

CycleMyke A.K.A. 1000hio

And they still dump sealer on it. That track has changed in the last 3 years.

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The user.

10. STT-Rider

Ya think?!

11. MG - 242

MG - 242 Member

SV times in the rain at M-O before the re-paving = around 2:00 flat. Times (fastest, same rider) at VMD this year in the rain = 2:43 +. Yep, it might have changed.:(

12. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Actually the VC guys are the ones stuck in the middle until it goes to market. THEN the users are stuck in the middle as the beta testers. Come on, being from Redmond I assumed you'd know that :D

13. cooltall1

cooltall1 Member

This is a funny thread:crackup: I cannot believe it has gone from saying its just weeks from opening, to days from opening, to we could if we wanted to, to now signing up riders and still canceling 5 months later. LOL SUCKERS! Maybe next year... Oh crap now I'm doing it.

How about this: Bluegrass is CLOSED INDEFINITELY! Just wait for your chance to sign up and get a refund is coming soon!

14. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

the track management has been very communitable. They even waited to cash my deposit checks and return them when we had to cancel my dates. I dont think anyone is stressed about this track opening more then Brad. The track will open up, the foundation is there for it to open up. Its the paperwork hurdles that got thrown in the mix is whats holding up right now

15. CephasGT

CephasGT Track Day Dreamer

Uh, wat?

:D

16. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

i make up words sometimes. your welcome :)

17. CephasGT

CephasGT Track Day Dreamer

:crackup: Fair enough.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

[QOTE=cooltall1;2717199]This is a funny thread:crackup: I cannot believe it has gone from saying its just weeks from opening, to days from opening, to we could if we wanted to, to now signing up riders and still canceling 5 months later. LOL SUCKERS! Maybe next year... Oh crap now I'm doing it.

How about this: Bluegrass is CLOSED INDEFINITELY! Just wait for your chance to sign up and get a refund is coming soon![/QUOTE]

Maybe you could get a job there changing targets for us at the Gun Range...:up:

19. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Or putting up tire walls that they've been working and building for six months now, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

20. sheepofblue

The middle is a delusion. Sometimes the engineer's pessimism is correct and sometimes the entrepreneur's optimism wins. Most often the reality is between them with varying degrees. Being an engineer I would have to say that pessimism never causes failure. You being an entrepreneur, that would likely have you say that some successful projects never occurred due to the pessimism :D The world needs both.

Oh the h$$# with political correctness. RC51's rule, engineers are right all the time you filthy pointy haired bosses and cubicles suck!