1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluegrass Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by bEeR, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Will BMP open in 2010?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. No

67 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Who really cares anymore

91 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I went up to BMP on Thursday the 23rd and checked out the track. The track manager talked to us about the track, took us around the track in his vehicle and told us that we could take a couple laps around the track on our bikes at a moderate pace. This track is going to be very fast, especially the banked left handed sweeper. They've still got a ways to go on the track, but it'll be worth the wait whenever they finally get it finished.

2. Wndotintman

Wndotintman Well-Known Member

Do they have the final top coat on the blacktop? Thanks for the update.

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

No, they've still got two coats of blacktop to lay, then the top coat.

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Temps have been to cold for the top-coat

5. Slick Sunday

Slick Sunday Member

We've had great weather here the past few days, and it'll reach 80 3 days in a row... hoping they get a fair amount of work accomplished!

6. JoeNashville

JoeNashville Well-Known Member

Do you think the track be ready by May 13 for the track day? :confused:

7. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I seriously doubt it. I'm usually optimistic, but not about this though. Whenever it does get finished, hang on though. It'll be a ride, it's going to be a fast track.

8. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

:( Not the birthday wish I was hoping for

9. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

It'll be done by May 13th.... Bonnie told me so.

:rolleyes:

So if the top coat needs 14 days to cure then shouldn't it be put down like.... today?

Is it even an option to do a track day w/out the top coat? Seems like that would be bad for the surface in the long run.

10. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

If they laid one layer down this weekend, it still wouldn't be ready.

11. mmmbort

mmmbort Member

Any guess as to if it will be complete for the May 30 & 31 events?

12. brand-o

We haven't heard anything definitive on the May 13th date... much less May 30 & 31.

13. martyna

martyna A Little BRIT Different

I dont want to sound like a rotten egg,, but I have good info that it may not be ready for a "VERY" long time
    I will not go in to details and I really hope I am wrong but what I have been told makes sence
    Also I have to say STT knew the track would not be ready in April and May, and June so they should not have taken money and jumped the gun

14. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It'll be ready. It may not be till the end of spring, summer or something. But it'll be nice to have a track that's only an hour away.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Bummer .. .

16. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

I spoke with the VP last wednesday, and he was insistant that it would be ready for the Wera Nationals. Make no mistake about it, they have some work to do, a lot of work. From his estimation the pavement work is about 4 days of work to get it down. The other big job will be getting the paddock area ready so we have somewhere to pit. Right now the paddock area is still fairly large ravines that will need filled and paved.

I also did a lap with him in my truck and the reports are correct, it is going to be a very fast track.

The facilities may be a little rudamentary at first but that is not what we will be there for right?

We may not be able to get an hot laps in before nationals, but I think you can bet we will be racing in June.

If you would like to talk to the VP yourself pm me for his contact info. He lives very close to me and is very willing to communicate with us openly.

17. brand-o

http://tinyurl.com/daqjcb

What temps are required to put down the top coat?

18. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member

I was really hoping to get a track day in there before my 1st race weekend in June. Oh well.

19. BullDogRR

BullDogRR David Ferguson

I am part of Blugrass Motorsports Park Team Endurance, Brad (OWNER of BMP) informed us that to lay the top coat it must be at least 60 degrees from 6am to 6 pm two days in a row and it has to settle for approx 10 days... right now the coating is race ready!!! But we are still waiting for that TOP OF THE LINE coating!!! Cant wait!!! IF ANYONE HAS A CHANCE TO CHECK THE TRACK OUT PLEASE DO!!!

WWW.DRIVEBLUEGRASS.COM

20. bardo

bardo Well-Known Member

would they care if people stop in on a sunday afternoon to check it out?