West Coast Tracks

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by madman748, Aug 30, 2009.

1. madman748

madman748 I'm your huckleberry

Hey all. I recently relocated from Charlotte, NC to the Southwest and now have the chance to ride some west cost tracks. Being this late in the season the events are few, but I'm looking at getting in a few.

I live in Yuma, AZ so what do you guys recommend? My choices are Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, Infineon, LVMS, Autoclub and Chuckwalla. There is an event at Luguna in December, but man it might just be to cold to ride.

OH, how is The Streets at Willow ran? There looks to be tons of configurations for that track.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Brett

2. sr9004u

sr9004u Well-Known Member

Pahrump should be #1 on the list than LVMS,Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, Big Willow than Autoclub for Southern California and Nevada.

3. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

You have to do Miller.

If you're willing to drive to Infineon and Laguna, then there's also Thunderhill and Reno-Fernley.

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

Thunderhill is my favorite in California, then Laguna. Streets is real fuin, and cheap. It's the outer course if you look at a map, all the way up to the bowl, and using the skidpad as the last corner. Buttonwillow is fun too, counterclockwise is full layout is my favorite. Big Willow is cool for high speed, turn 2 is a lot of fun, real looong, fast and slightly uphill.

Hell man, do them all, except Cali speedway, take that $300 and do Laguna in December. Winter is awesome in Monterey, it won't be to cold.

5. madboosties

madboosties Well-Known Member

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I'll be there. It won't be too cold..but it might be wet.

7. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

do you like fast or slow tracks?

VERY FAST AND FLOWING: WILLOW SPRINGS (MAIN TRACK) AKA "Big Willow"

QUITE SLOW AND TECHNICAL (and VERY bumpy- you have been warned): STREETS OF WILLOW

VERY BALANCED TRACK: BUTTONWILLOW (highly recommended)

STOP/START PROFESSIONAL TRACK: AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY

GOOD BALANCED TRACK AND PROBABLY CLOSEST TO YOU: PAHRUMP

take your pic.

8. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Autoclub would be closest to Yuma.

If Chuckwalla ever opens it would then be closest to Yuma...maybe 2.5 - 3 hrs. away.

Pahrump is up west of Vegas, quite a drive from Yuma.

9. OldnReallySlow

OldnReallySlow Well-Known Member

10. zuki750

zuki750 Well-Known Member

Welcome to West coast buddy... Here is a website for you to get any information you need any track days in united states or any track's in united states along with track day orgs.
    www.Tracktactics.com
    Also check all the low cost track days information. Anything you need please come and ask.
    Thank you.

Turk.

11. madman748

Thanks for all the info. I'm signed up for Autoclub, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs. I'm looking at maybe signing up for Infineon in December.

Again, thanks. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys at the track.

Brett

Thanks. I'm currently waitlisted w/ti2tt for Chuckwalla. Does anyone know when this track might open?

Brett

12. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Early 2010 is the word I'm getting now.

13. fasteddie!!!

fasteddie!!! Well-Known Member

isnt there a track in phoenix.... firebird raceway or something like that ... i have a buddy that has been out there i will ask him

14. fasteddie!!!

fasteddie!!! Well-Known Member

check out .... aztrackday.com ....... yeah they are in chanler AZ... right next to phoenix

15. madman748

Thanks to everyone for the info. I'm heading to Buttonwillow on 12-13 October. Any recommendations on hotels and the such in the area?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

B

16. 4literranger485

4literranger485 gold member

super 8 has good discounts. PM me for details!

17. madboosties

madboosties Well-Known Member

Do not stay at Homeland Inn period.

Red Roof is the nicest of the lot, just comes down to if you want to pay for it

18. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

^^ i don't mind homeland inn :)

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

BTW: This is about SOUTHwest tracks...not all west coast tracks.

20. madman748

Buttonwillow was great; good weather both days with the exception of high winds and dust late on day two. A bit bumpy, but fun still the same.

Heading to Autoclub next weekend. Should be a good weekend. Is the paddock completely paved at Autoclub? Wondering if I need to bring canopy and weights.

Thanks for the help.

Brett