1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Godspeed Teddy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Aug 26, 2009.

1. franklaw996

franklaw996 Well-Known Member

2. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Those aren't flag poles - they are the new wind turbines being erected in his honor that he continually opposed since they would obstruct the view from his family's ocean front estate... :p

3. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

:crackup: That VW ad is awesome.

You're absolutely right, Hank - Teddy was all about being a lib unless it infringed on his needs.

4. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

A selfless career politician?

Would someone please describe this unicorn, because I've never seen one. :rolleyes:

5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

In order to be fair, I decided to list the good things about TK that I will miss.

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I was just listening to an amazing interview with Ted Kenney on NPR.

I never realized how much he did in the Senate.

I loved his comments about his ideological opposite Sen. Oran Hatch or Sen. Simpson who he co-sponsored many bills with. Basically he said in the morning they would be fighting against each other over one cause....and then in the afternoon they were sitting on the same side of the table on fighting for another cause. Thank Dog they are in the Senate and not in the Dungeon.

7. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Public service?
    You mean self interest and manipulation.
    RIP Mary Jo

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Otter, feel free to canonize Kennedy if you wish. I have been respectful by not speaking ill of him on the day of his death and will not until after he is in the ground. After that, all bets are off.

9. H8R

Thank you. Regardless of how much he was a douche bag...that he was responsible for the loss of a life...that some of his politics were outside the scope of many Americans, and that his family gained wealth thru treachery, and illegal activities I will always speak of the fine things someone did during their life at their wake.

I appreciate your common courtesy, and frankly people can go back tomorrow to roasting him for all I care....I've never been a big Teddy fan...but I learned manners from several people....and none of them were on the Jerry Springer show.

10. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Same place you learned English?

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You have mastered the fine art of subtle attack?

So, if we don't see it I don't see it your way, I am limited, unable to fully comprehend?

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Good thing you weren't at Che's. Oh wait. I forgot, the wasn't one.:Poke:

13. H8R

You see it anyway you want sport.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

ROFLMAOOOOO!!!!

Man, the last 10-20 posts have me rolling but this one took the cake!

Altho, the "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it" was close and the VW ad rates too.

I gotta say, all these weeks of debating with Otter on various issues....I was on the fence as to whether or not he is the way he is just to be different, to get on my nerves or if he is genuinely fvcked in the head. This thread helps answer that question.
    Thnx Otter!

TK was the BESTEST Senator!!! :up::moon:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  15. H8R

Interesting point of view you have.

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

At least he didn't kill a pit bull.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Otter dont be a sore loser cuz most ppl think you're a dumbass for having set such high standards in your life to whom is worthy of praise.

18. H8R

I adore your insightful comments. Please keep them up.

I have to go to a meeting right now....and drat...I just hate having to wait for your next little witticism.

Gosh...I think I love you...maybe we can cuddle later...and watch Meg Ryan in a romantic comedy... I LOVE YOU XFBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You fags get a room. :D

20. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Who was worse, Ted Kennedy for perhaps negligently killing Mary Jo, or Richard Nixon who sacrificed millions in S.E. Asia for his own political purposes?

BTW, I was never a Kennedy fan (most of the clan was pretty corrupt, JFK included), but the hypocrisy here is way too deep.

Truth be told, none of you give a shit about Mary Jo. You just hate Kennedy.