My race suit smells like death

Discussion in 'General' started by deanbosch, Aug 22, 2009.

1. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Any idea of something that can buffer the butt smell from the inside of my suit? I run a fan thru it for a few days after the track but no go.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Hey Dean - turn it inside out and machine wash it with some Febreze, then air dry and rub some lanolin on the exterior.

3. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Take the sliders off and go to the laudromat and throw it in one of those large washers.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:stupid:

That's pretty much what the crazy spider lady and BB recommend :up:

5. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Thank you soo much I KNEW Febreze had to the the answer!!
    You going to BEAVE cannoli??
    Zip ties, duct tape, and febreze for every poor racers tool box!!!!:)

6. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I had a friend that used to take his to the car wash and hang them up on the floor mat clamps and use the foaming brush on his. I would look for ones with the foam that smelled good. He did it the first time after falling in the rain and having the suit covered in mud then did it all the time after that.

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Dean, you'd better get that suit smelling springtime fresh, since you're representin' on the 311, baby!

I don' wanna hear somebody say "I was passed by #311, and he smelled something freakin' awful!

8. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Remove all the hard stuff & put it in your washer at home. You don't need an industrial washer. Wash with Woolite (no, not kidding) on cold. A key point is NOT to hang them up to dry. Just lay them flat. If you hang wet leathers, they will stretch.

9. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

i was afraid to break my washer, so i filled up one of our large Tupperware bins with the hose and some gain, scrubbed them down with a cloth (they're white).. and then rinsed them off. It worked really well. Mine didn't actually smell, but the white looked dingy.... I have yet to get that close to Drew's but when I do I'll let you know if it released those horrible sweat demons living in there.

10. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Let me get this right: You're saying that you plan to wash your fiance's leathers? You may be the perfect wife.:bow:

Do you have any sisters?:p

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

yesiree!!! :beer:

12. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

it's for my own benefit LOL.. he doesnt get bothered my the smell, but i've had far to many 2-up scooter rides trying to hold my breathe with him!

13. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

another tip for both leathers and helmets is to put them into the freezer. the cold kills the stinky bacteria.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

.02$, put the leathers on and go riding...custom fitting while they dry. :up:

not necessary to ride 'til they're completely dry...you'll wanna keep some suptleness. then rub in your favorite treatment.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  16. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

How did you dry yours? mhm man stench... OM NOM NOM

aww now Johnny has to work hard!! I will see you there!

I think it would be more like I was passing 311 and got distracted by this foul stench as i crossed.

17. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Anyone going to BeaveRun that loves coffee?!

I am brining back mucho (lots) of Colombian coffee if anyone would like a bag :)

Ask the WERA officials it gets them jacked and pumped for the day!

Anyways let me know if anyone wants one I'll be passing them out!

:)

18. steven alexande

steven alexande Well-Known Member

Make sure they are completly dry when u pack them I made a mistake on washing my leathers then applied a thick amount of leather treatment to them and didn't let the lether treatment I guess dry all the way, so I packed them in my bag, and a couple of weeks later, they had like some moss looking stuff growing, LOL. It wiped right off, I'm sure it was from not letting them dry all the way.

19. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

I think I might just go with the febreeze tactic.. I don't want to be that guy out there with moldy mossy growing on his leathers ..