1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honest question for R.E.

Discussion in 'General' started by hoghead, Aug 2, 2009.

1. hoghead

hoghead Well-Known Member

Mr. Edmondson, I have a question regarding the rules. I understand that if a rider crashes he is to go to pit lane for an inspection. When Martin Cardenas crashed in the sport bike race he followed your rule. He pulled into pit lane and was patted on his butt and sent back out. I did not see any inspection in any manner, what gives?

2. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

What makes you think that the Roger you are looking for, will answer?

3. hoghead

Should I think he won't?

4. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

The one you're lookng for won't.

5. 4literranger485

4literranger485 gold member

absolutely you should think he wont. you've already proved that you're watching, all he needs is ratings lol

either way, i think the tech guy just did a quick look around for anything that was painfully obvious...and sent him on his way.

6. hoghead

I guess that is over and above the racers abilities.

7. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

Well RogerE isn't watching the races. He is on the wera bbs, posting at the same time.

8. hoghead

That is why I was asking him the question, I figured he would have an answer.

9. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

If I could spell ni eve, I would say you are.

10. hoghead

I can spell simple, and I agree with you, you are.

11. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

That makes all kinds of sense. Let me put it so you can understand, RogerE isn't the Roger you seek.

12. hoghead

Thank your for making it easy for me to understand. Maybe I will wave to you on Monday when the little bus you are riding drives by.

13. RogerE

RogerE Member

I made the same observation and this morning at the staff meeting will get the answer. I'll let you know.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Actually it is.

15. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

As it is with every track day/racing org I've ever been in. It's a safety factor for the individual rider and the other riders.

WERA Rule book, Chapter 3 Item 10;

"10. In a sprint race crash the rider and machine MUST be examined by a corner worker. Then and only then, the rider and machine must proceed directly to pit lane for a technical inspection by a WERA Tech Official prior to being scored for any additional laps or completing the race. Only after these two inspections have been accomplished, may the rider reenter the race if the checkered flag is not displayed."

I've seen some quick tech's and some painfully long ones. Given this guys position could you imagine the uproar if people percieved him to take too long? He took a quick look, didn't see fluids or loose parts. That's all that is really required.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wasn't as thorough a re-tech as I personally like but didn't seem to be too brief. The main thing at the pro level is to make sure nothing major will fall off and nothing leaking. We do it a bit more thoroughly since our riders tend to not be quite as experienced.

17. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

18. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

For reference:

http://www.speedtv.com/video/popup/31502658001

(that was a quick tech check)
    FYI- I know nothing of re-tech procedures nor do I care, just saw the tech stop and recalled this thread and the question & thought I'd add the visual.

Carry on.

19. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

how's that foot taste?:Poke::D

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Filet of sole.