1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Race/Ride with a Donjoy Knee Brace?

Discussion in 'General' started by volcom415, Jul 22, 2009.

1. volcom415

volcom415 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the correct section so my apologizes if it isnt, but I am prescribed a Donjoy Defiance III custom knee brace and was wondering if anyone has any experiences with it. I know there are other knee braces but this is the one they recommended, any thoughts? Good or bad, its pricey so if there is a better one on the market I would rather just get the "proper" one:up:

This is what it looks like

[​IMG]

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i have a pair of innovation sports ct12 braces, they were fine to move with, they just wouldnt allow hyperextension of my knee or twisting, they didnt bother me to wear them at all, they were carbon and titanium, very lightweight, i dont have any experience with the ones you have in the image, but they look similair

3. volcom415

volcom415 Well-Known Member

I heard the innovation stuff is good, I will look into that model, were they custom fit as well? Did your boots get in the way?

4. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I also was prescribed a Don Joy knee brace 18 years ago. I used it until I felt I no longer had to. Knee has gone out a few times. I still wear it when riding a dirt bike. I also wore it at the Corner Spin school I did 2 years ago. It is an excellent device. There are probably more options now than there were when I needed it. Mine was custom fit. It should be custom if you are getting for a medical need.
    There are others on the market but prices just keep going up.

5. sch2046

sch2046 Well-Known Member

got em, dont use em riding

I have the old Donjoy Defiance, the first one. The funny thing is, it looks like the only difference is yours has III after the name. My knees are shot and I dont where either of mine. I did just get a MX bike so I will be wearing them in the dirt though. Mine always inhibited my movements when I played hockey, I am not sure how they would feel moving around on a bike. Sorry to hear you have to get one.:up:

6. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I wore a DonJoy brace for a bit while riding a dirt bike after I had knee surgery. I also wore it at work ( LEO on a Boat). Never had any issues with it, other than it would smell if you didn't pull the pads off and wash them every now and again! LOL

My knee has long since fully recovered and I no longer have to wear it.