1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1000RR coming to a track near you...

Discussion in 'General' started by socal433, Jun 18, 2009.

1. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Jason - No good deed goes unpunished 'round these parts.
    Got to see the new S1000 this weekend at VIR - looks very nice!
    Good luck with your promotion efforts and don't mind these assholes....
    You too Nate!
    :up:

2. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Yep.. it certainly is. As I said earlier, I'm not a small guy, and the BMW feels like it has more room for me on it than the CBR. I've ridden the 08 CBR and it's incredible, so the BMW is going to have to be as good or better (when I finally ride one) for me to choose it over the CBR.

3. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Here's the long anticipated pricing info:

US PRICING ON THE S 1000RR IS ANNOUNCED

Today BMW Motorrad USA announced the pricing on the 2010 S 1000 RR and its factory installed options.

BMW introduced the most anticipated new sport bike in recent memory, the S 1000 RR, at the famed Monza racetrack during the Superbike World Championship races. And since the launch date the sport bike fans everywhere have been eagerly awaiting the price of this new Superbike from BMW.

The S 1000 RR has been designed to offer the most complete supersport package with class-leading power and performance combined with cutting edge technology and competitive pricing.

We’re very pleased to announce the pricing on the 2010 BMW S 1000 RR:

Options:
    Race ABS (excluding DTC):
    Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined:
    Gear Shift Assistant:
    Anti Theft Alarm:
    Motorsports Paint Scheme:
    $1,000.00
    $1,480.00
    $ 450.00
    $ 395.00
    $ 750.00

The options include either standalone new 4-stage Race ABS or Race ABS combined with multi-stage Dynamic Traction Control. Other must have options include the truly awesome Gear Shift Assistant that allows clutchless upshifts during acceleration, Anti Theft Alarm and the WSBK-inspired Motorsports Paint Scheme.
    This new Superbike from BMW weighing only 404 lbs, and putting out a massive 193 hp, is one of the most potent, sophisticated and lightest sport bikes ever unleashed on the planet. The new S 1000 RR is the most powerful production 1000cc sport bike in the world.

In addition to the most potent power plant in its class, the BMW S 1000 RR introduces new technical features such as the first-ever 4-stage Race ABS system with settings for Rain, Sport, Race and Slick conditions. This groundbreaking new ABS weighs only about 5.5 lbs complete, which is nearly 20 lbs lighter than the competition.

The S 1000 RR also introduces a new multi-stage Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) which allows smooth acceleration on wet roads, or puts down full-on power on the track and settings in between depending on the road and riding conditions.

With its highly distinctive new asymmetrical headlights, which follow the very elegant and unique asymmetrical panels, this first BMW Superbike promises to standout from the crowd of liter-class bikes.

For more info about this awesome new BMW and to see and hear this Superbike in person, please visit www.BMWPlanetPower.com and check out the S 1000 RR US Tour Calendar.

The new S 1000 RR is scheduled to be released in the US by early 2010.

* MSRP excludes destination, freight, license, registration, taxes, insurance and options

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Am I missing something? (Shut up smart ass!)

I see pricing for options butt no MSRP for the bike.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Your not missing anything. They aren't going to tell you unless you are in the showroom about to sign the paper work as the price I am sure is not in line with the cost of anything comparable in the market place.

6. Stogie

Stogie Banned

Is this the official price plus options? Under 14K?

7. Venom51

Uhhh...that will be a no..

8. JB_Pgh

JB_Pgh Well-Known Member

9. Venom51

The numbers produced and delivered will have an impact on that number on the dealers floor.

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Kinda like any motorcycle? What a shocker.

11. Venom51

Your missing the point....that will take it right out of the under 14k bracket.

My guess is on the floor it will be closer to 18-20k.

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They're going to go above 14k bracket anyway if you pop for the high zoot electronics that everyone(OK maybe not everyone) is a aquiver over. Notice it's an extra cost option. How many do you think they'll ship as bare models? THAT is more to your point I think.

I doubt BMW is going to make that few of them. A full boat, electronics, paint, shifter and alarm will be almost $17k though.

13. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Hey Panther-I have not PMd Mongo with any details about anything, lately, that I can think of. What you talkin bout?

MHO is to tell people BMW is a whole different company and if you want to be a beta tester for them, feel free, but it is going to be an Expensive test.

Just a couple of questions for the folks running this Ad. campaign;

1.) What's the USD cost going to be, OTD? I've seen several bait and switch posts like this one above about US pricing, but there is no price listed from a BMW source to actually see.
    2.) Per question #1, does that tactic attract customers? Are they just waiting for all sport bike enthusiasts to forget about their original PR pricing campaign that it will be priced less than $1k over the UJMs?

3.) 193 Hp, is that at the wheel and on whose dyno? (I've seen the RwHp #s floating around @ about 163 on a DJ 250, but that's a 30 Hp difference.)

So, it eats tires because the shock is blowing through the stroke. Sounds like a winner. The Company has great piles of cash from car sales and is buying great racers to help them set up their 2 wheel machines. David Knight got sucked into their sales pitch and was thrown to the bottom of the race results, so he pitched the BMWS and bought Kawi 450s. SHAZAM!? He's back on top of the podiums again with his own privateer bikes! :up:

BMW wants to bring some money and jobs into the paddock? Great! How about leaving the real racers and their monies out of the sales pitch, so they can continue racing rather than supporting a PR campaign?

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

What are YOU talking about???

As is with any new bike/car/truck/wife...

[​IMG]

See above

Cite, please.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Wake me when it gets here 'by early 2010'.

Then we'll know for sure what the true OTD cost is.

16. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

yeah, sorry, MSRP didn't pick up with the copy/paste

MSRP $13,800

17. cattitori

It's in this thread, from one of the folks who was at an intro. TD with the thing. Do you actually read this stuff or just have a Roundel reaction to me?

$13,800 for a base model. OTD with just sales tax is closer to $15K in my state, IF the $13.8 is accurate. Plus, it's a $1000 deposit to wait 6 months - two years to get it? Buy one in 3 years for maybe $5K.

Hey Panther, have you seen the $22K HP2 GS things? Yeah, the ones that have hardware/bolts rusting all over them already? If they can't build a $22K GS with stainless or coated hardwares...?

The "infamous" G450s and G650/800s that are built in the Korean Kymco scooter plants have been discontinued already. They're circling the drain ala CGM-communist gov't. motors. Why bring up the 450/600/800 Kymco debacle? The extraordinary profits made from 3rd world assembly were going to be subsidizing the losses on the 1000R. Not if they're discontinued though-the 13,800 price will move upwards to $17K.

18. cattitori

If you're not even reading your own posts...? WTF, over.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

In a response to Mongo:
    And I replied:

Has nothing to do with any Roundel. Has everything with folks spewing venom w/o substantiation.

Haven't seen that many of those uberexpensive pieces of butt jewelry. Those that I have weren't rusty.

The quote button is your friend. Particularly when referring to a post made 25 days back.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Are you referring to these non-sequiturs?