1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imagine being on your 2nd cup o' coffee and....

Discussion in 'General' started by kjohnson, Jul 13, 2009.

1. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

BAD ASS!

3. b-sav

b-sav Well-Known Member

Cool picture. Reminds me of when I was in the service, I lived in Hawaii when they were filming that Ben Afflick flick "Pearl Harbor". Our house was right in the flight path for all the bombing runs coming over koli Koli Pass. Every morning around 8:00 a.m. there would be Japenese Zeros flying about 100 feet above the house. My roomates and I would sit out on the porch, drinking our coffee and watching the show.

4. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I wish that was me. I saw that plane out of my apartment window on Sunday. I was really surprised by how low they were flying. It looked like they were flying between the buildings.

5. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

I miss working on the flight deck.

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

<spills coffee> GOD DAMN that Maverick!

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I saw them too on the way to the tigers game, scared the chit outta me.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

WHen the Blue Angels have their annual show we caught them flying pretty low over the building we were perched on the oceanfront! Good thing I had ear plugs in!

9. dc2004600

dc2004600 Well-Known Member

They do the same thing for the Air and Water Show in Chicago... its as if the Blue Angels use Lake Shore Drive as a marker to see how close they can get to the highrises. Awesome talent.

10. caferace

caferace No.

Back in the 80's they did just that in San Francisco. Saw one out the window of 525 Market St. in 1984 or so. I was like :wow:

-jim

11. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Proud to be an American. :up:

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I would have flipped him off like Maverick did the Mig. Badass pic tho.

13. Team G

Team G Wake me when its over

Classic! :crackup:

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Wow. That's really fricken cool. I bet that pilot pays for his candy bars and pop before he eats them. :confused:

15. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

That's cool. when I got married, there was an airshow about 4 miles from my family's lake back in iowa (we had a lakeside ceremony) Turns out the blue angels were using our lake as a terrain marker to reorganize their formations and unbeknownst to us, their show was 15 minutes before our ceremony. all the wedding guests had a very up close and personal show from the blue angels as they did fly-bys at 200 ft. :up:

16. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Sweet! Love the F-18!

17. Ehh...he could have got closer!:D I was just thinking yesterday on the way to work as I was reflecting on jobs I've had in the past. I spent most of my drive in thinking back on just how much I loved shooting planes of the flight deck.:up:

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

"negative ghostrider the pattern is full"

19. T-revs

T-revs Well-Known Member

+1...always fun seeing them drop bombs and shotting up the water too:up:

20. Last saturday I saw the stealth bomber fly overhead and then make a slow left turn, level out and nail the throttle to do the flyover at the Nascar race. It wasn't quite as close to me as the f-18 in this story, but it was still pretty close. When it was turning the wings were perpendicular to the ground. It was alot bigger than what I thought they were. That is an awe inspiring aircraft.