1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Leathers Do You Wear?

Discussion in 'General' started by AGVSPORT_Adam, Jun 17, 2009.

1. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

2. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Yeah, But look what your puttin' in it. :Poke:

3. lrrs311

lrrs311 r6racer311

Vanson. I love it,i have total trust in that suit that it'll protect me. I also have an agv suit made by corner,and that suit always protected me. After 4 crashes through its in need of repairs.

4. HAYSTACK

HAYSTACK UP YORN

Astars Race rep

5. silveryamaha

silveryamaha Member

+10000 just got the black one a few months back worth the 1400 all day long i feel very comfertable in it and ive crashed in it once at a low speed and it didnt even hurt it!!

6. faceliftguide

faceliftguide New Member

I think Teknic Violator and Xcelerator, they're both great ! !

7. Venos

Venos Well-Known Member

Komodo Ceno. It's a few years old and has it's minor issues, but safety isn't one of them. I'll probably go with a Barnacle Bill custom when I need a new one though, if he's still making them by that point.

8. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Custom Suit from Alexa @ Spyder Leatherworks.

9. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Barnacle Bill made in 02, still holding up great.

10. AGVSPORT_Adam

AGVSPORT_Adam Member

What would be something that you would like to see manufacturers do in regards to suits. Are there things that you think could be improved/changed? Is there something that could make suits better? What do you think? And what would it take to get you to wear a custom suit if you're not already wearing one? If you are already wearing a custom suit, would you change anything about it?

11. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Don't make one single suit without Kevlar composite stretch (Keprotec). I'm seeing way too many off the rack suits coming through here this year with cheap stretch fabric in the sleeve, legs and groin, and yes there have been injuries.

If it puts the price point up by another $50-75, that's worth it for the wearer.

12. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Your's was exactly one of 3 1/2 suits. Consider your self special. :D

13. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

14. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Vason doesn't get a lot of presout side of the North/North East now but one hell of a suit. Killer prices if you can make it to their shop in Mass. Highsided hard at about 60mph and the suit did great with only marginal scuffing. All the armour was in the right places and I think saved me form some serious injury/hospital time. I tried on a few A* and they felt great just got a way better deal on the vanson.

15. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Teknic - they fit the closest of the few offered women's lines.. they're too heavy though! and the girls suits aren't perf'd and don't have an optional back hump.

16. hintonrsvr

hintonrsvr Well-Known Member

Custom Komodo, When I was looking into a new suit I made my decision based of reviews on here and contact with Lee and Wayne, their response to questions I had convinced me this was a company I wanted to work with. I will continue to use Komodo for their awesome customer service and well as the great quality of the product. I have crash tested their products and been very happy with the protection offered.

17. ExSRAaron

ExSRAaron Well-Known Member

Add another for the RS-Taichi gear. Started with a GMX-Motion jacket and moved into a NXL206 suit, fantastic suit for the money IMO! Cyclesector/Diego ftw.

18. socal

socal Well-Known Member

RS Taichi + SpyderLeatherworks lettering/repairs :up:

19. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

KOMODO :up:

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

RS Taichi.