1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA - Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Britt thanks for the full info on the fuel DQ.

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

So SOUP is saying the test that failed was the "dielectric" portion. What would cause this to change? Would fuel age do this?

I'm curious as I would think Sunoco would provide the same fuel around the country but if people are having to chase different fuel as they travel around the country that sucks.

3. BHakalaw

BHakalaw Well-Known Member

:clap: I applaud you for personally coming in here and setting the record straight!!! Very much appreciated. :up:

4. Day One

Day One Well-Known Member

The DNS for Live Timing seems to be resolving over many ISP's now. If you're still having issues getting to Live Timing, give it some more time and try again.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I'm confused by what I'm seeing on live timing for MotoGT

Touring Sport Ducati goes from a lap of 2:41 to a lap of 4:43? Did the skies just open up like there is no tomorrow?

6. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

That's priceless!:D Pumping fuel out of a can all day that says "Texaco" on top.:crackup:

7. GSXRLVR

GSXRLVR Ben Kirby #884

yeah I went to weather.com for that area and the radar was covered in green. it must have started raining pretty hardcore sometime around lap 18 or so.

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The Sunoco I buy locally comes from a 76 Station.

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Well I'm not getting an lap updates either Its been stuck at 38 laps for me.

10. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Nascar guys must of gotten a big chuckle out of that.:crackup:

11. GSXRLVR

GSXRLVR Ben Kirby #884

those are the final results now... race just ended a few minutes ago

12. RogerE

RogerE Member

Race was scheduled to end at 1:00pm Central. When you see the checkered flag on the track or in the upper left corner of the scoring screen, scoring is complete. Looks like 38 laps was it.

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Thanks....didn't know. I would have thought the last column would have changed from active/crashed/etc to finished or something.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Race fuel is made in batches, and like anything else is subect to slight differences.

If you buy it at the track like the RB says...then everyone has the same fuel..no one is "chasing" anything...unless the fuel isn't the same from track to track and then everyone is still playing with the same fuel so it remains a level playing field....

However if you buy your fuel at home, that a distributor "tells you" is the same..you may get caught out on a weak limb.

The fuel test equipment should be zero'd off a fuel sample out of the pump at the track..and all fuel samples from racers should match that sample...simple.

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Lots of things can affect the dc value of the gas, including water. Doesn't mean much afa the performance value, but it's an indicator that something else is in the mix when compared to the official fuel at the track.

16. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Erion is getting a rep for ignoring the Rule Book with Josh's crank and now fuel that was admittedly bought outside of the track. What a bunch of rebels.

17. crossroader

crossroader road racing junkie

Bet Erion saved some $ buying a barrel at home vs at the track. Perhaps he's not so much a rebel and more of business man who didn't think the risk of not buying at the track was worth the dough?

18. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Race one about to start!

19. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

laverty 2nd in superbike race! nice!

20. lrckmotogp

lrckmotogp Well-Known Member

RE AND JU Thanks for the info you guys really help the facts come out, not the fan speculation mess things up like me. I don't know anything but me own opinion, its wrong most of the time but a fact pekes out from time to time.

!!!!!!!!!!OFF TOPIC!!!!!!:Off:!! please be kind to your pets and slow people!!
    NO DISRESPECT TO ANYBODY PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT!!! JUST A QUESTION/COMMENT

Maybe pull that Rolex Daytona ad money off that car(Russel is the man on two wheels tho no disrespect intended)? A source of revenue(sorry if those cars are free)? That could pay for OH YA MOTORCYCLE STUFF!!! Are there moto dudes that care about that series?? FUNNY NO ONE TALKED ABOUT THAT EVER?? Even after the motorcycle purse was cut in half at the beginning of the season.

ERION with all those people on you team that noticed the tx mark on the can wouldn't you just get a different one? They do have a gas truck at the track? If you pointed it out to AL and you noticed it then why use it? Bring it home and return it? It cost Honda its first pole of the year!!

Trying to learn about this stuff the hard way!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Off:!!!!!!!!!