1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F2 running problems

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fullmetalF4i, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Deal......if he gives me 21 bucks I'll take it. But not for a penny less.

2. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

If I use my racey Go Fast F2 Motor you will Mr.!

3. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

Dude,

STOP!!! Uggh. You're wasting your money playing the Guessing Game! August it ran great because your carbs weren't gummed up- then it sat until December with fuel that went bad. All I hear is dirty carbs and someone who can't clean them or adjust them. First, we clean them, and I don't mean spray carb spray down the middle of them. Take them apart. Pull jets out and clean them out with some small wire or a kit from Parts unlimited. In other words, poke into the jets making sure they aren't obstructed. Inspect internally. Then re-assemble. Install carbs and sync them, if you don't know how-find someone who does. Lastly, do an Idle drop (turning your mixture screws, starting at 1 turn out from closed, then slowly turn out until you hear your idle go up, then turn IN one turn. You have now set your carbs right---Enjoy! Now go ride.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  4. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

i cant sell the bike, i have to fix it...

F2RGK i spent a few hours disassembling and cleaning the carbs over the weekend, pulling all the jets, thoroughly cleaning all of them. then came back yesterday and cleaned the jet holders just in case.
    i'll see about getting the carbs resynched today and the idle drop.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  5. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

i told you that i'll give you $20 bucks sell it as is wtf

6. Dissevered

Dissevered Well-Known Member

Did you clean the float needles and make sure they move up and down smoothly? (not talking about the jet needles, but the needle attached to the float)

I'll bet any money that its a fuel issue... either carbs, fuel line, fuel filter, or petcock... something fuel based between the tank and the engine is gummed up from sitting. Something just needs cleaned, stop wasting money on all those parts.

If you are feeling desperate you can mail your carbs to me and I'll clean them for free

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  7. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Hey Curtis, give a call if u can. 912-385-2237. Wanna talk to you about the F2

8. TD137

TD137 Well-Known Member

My F2 did the same thing you describe. I was a newb so I took it to a friend to look it over. He cleaned the carbs (found rust) and it ran like a champ after that. Turns out the tank had corrosion in it and was fugging up the carbs. He also relined the tank with a kit (kreem?).

Several years later, the bike had to sit outside and was rained on heavily. It wouldn't run after that. I drained the float bowls and out came gas/water mix. Drained carbs until no more water came out and then put fresh fuel in. Problem solved...except for the fact my tank allowed rain to leak in the gas cap. The new tank liner survived.

One last issue that also came up. #1 float bowl would stick open sometimes. It would actually flood the cylinder and put gas into the exhaust. Tapping on float bowl lightly with screwdriver handle would free it up.

I sold the bike with over 40k street and track miles on it. Great bike. Never had to replace the reg/rect.