1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 GSXR getting no spark at all

Discussion in 'Tech' started by onlyjames, Jun 1, 2009.

1. onlyjames

onlyjames Unregistered User

On my last race of the weekend, I went around for the warm up lap, was revving the engine waiting for the second wave flag, and the bike stops and will not start.

I find out there is no spark at all, and I put in an old plug just in case the ones in there were fouled.

Any thoughts....?? its an 04 gsxr 750, with a PC3, gear indicator, and I took away the ignition switch.....and did that job step by step a long time ago with absolutly NO problems at all.

Little help please from all the experts here on the board, thanks :beer:

2. PONCH1098

PONCH1098 Well-Known Member

Was that monday @ summit? Race 13 or 14? You were on the second wave?

It sounded like your bike was cranking but no juice. What did the plugs look like when you pulled them out? And what fuel were you running that day?

3. onlyjames

onlyjames Unregistered User

ha ha, yeah....waving my hands like crazy so I wouldnt get ass packed....that was me.

It cranks fine like its gunna start, no spark at all. I have the Iridum plugs in, and they look just fine. But just in case I tested another plug out, and no spark to that plug either. Bike has not had 1 problem, and ran perfect....excellent! all weekend for me, and even on that warm up lap. Whatever it was happend at that moment when I was reving the engine to start. :confused:

Edit: I was using regular 93 gas bought on Saturday morning...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  4. PONCH1098

PONCH1098 Well-Known Member

We were on the fence watching the start. Nice flap btw...LOL. I was actually next to you in the paddock helping Andy Young (white R6, TPM coach). What did your mech think was going on?

My Duc was giving me the same issues a few weeks ago, ended up being my iridum plugs were toast in combo with my ECU dropping my map...it's a lovely expensive story.

You said you tested another plug...just 1 or did you swap all of them? Are you getting fuel?