2nd Annual WERA - AHRMA Vintage Challenge at Barber

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Mar 9, 2009.

1. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

David,
    Not exactly a participant...I'll be on one of the eager grid-filler CB350s in 500GP. :D

Got that hybrid SRX ready yet?

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Well, some BMW's do have a pretty large seat, but I still bet one of you falls off it if he tries to actually do that. :Poke:

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Which is a good hotel to stay at in the area? My wife will be with me and I do not want her staying at the track with the riff-raff and shrubbery. She has declared that if we are driving all the way from Minnesota, she will be staying in a nice hotel. Who am I to argue with her? After I drink all your beer she can drive me to a nice dinner and bed.

Ken

4. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

Tim,

No tankshifters. After futher consideration, WERA just does not have anywhere for the really old stuff.

Roy

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Man I wish I could have my CB360 ready for this....

6. YAM#849

I think we left out Malcom Dixon- Malcolm, didn't you get bumped up for winning the H Production championship?

Oh, and Charles, contrary to your rumors I have not suffered any hawkbill knife attacks to my buttocks while in Alabama. If I win the race, I may decide to prove this fact.
    :D

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  7. charles

charles The Transporter

Malcolm King of H Production is he now...good lad, that Malcolm The Scot.

I've heard from numerous confidential females sources in the rural outposts of Alabama that you've had several risky skirmishes in the wee hours of the morning with the infamous 'Hawkbill Knife'...:wow:

8. charles

charles The Transporter

Ken:

That's quite gentlemanly of you, offering your missus some proper lodgings after an arduous trek from the outback of America. No fair woman should be exposed to the shenanigans of the Queen's Iron rabble. Now then, on the main road to Barber, within close proximity to the track, there are numerous establishments catering to the weary traveler. There is one particular motel very close to the track, but several years ago, when I made it my home away from home, I had a uninvited crawling guest in my room the size of my fist, known as Macropanesthia Rhinoceros, which had apparently taken a liking to my racing boots. A few well-placed kicks later, he was outside where he belonged, although he put up quite a fight. The unnerving part was that I got the impression he enjoyed the struggle...anyway, Ken, steer clear of this
    motel and you'll do just fine.

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Ken, there are alot of the national hotel chains located 1 or 2 exits west of the track at the I-20 / I-459 interchange, grub too. also some pretty "Snazzy" nice old hotels closer into B-ham, I've stayed for conferences etc..... for races I camp so cant get specific.

Charles, was that before you started hangin with a better crowd at the Hinshaw Mobile Chateu?

10. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

No, he got bumped for years of sandbagging, picking on hapless novices like myself...:D

(I won both the Light and Heavy Production championships last year)

11. YAM#849

I knew you got both last year, but who got it the year before? Don't tell me Malcom is one of those who'd win just enough races to be runner-up, and sandbag rather than finish the points out.... That paints a cold, calculating picture that does not befit a man who goes up and down the paddock with rags stuffed in his carbs... :crackup:

12. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

There is a new Hampton Inn east of the track at the Pelham exit on I20. About a 15 minute ride to the track. It has the official stamp of approval from my wife.:)

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  13. Nosferatu

Nosferatu WERA 996 AHMRA 248

Ken I sent you a PM but just in case here is the hotel I'm planning to stay with my wife. The hotel is new and located close to the race track and a few nice restaurants and bars. I'm not sure if I will be able to race as I'm almost done putting together my CB350 but I still haven't tested the bike yet.

Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
    155 Hospitality Lane, Dothan, Alabama, USA 36303
    Tel: +1-334-6717676 Fax: +1-334-6717696

14. WERA854

Dothan? Which track?

15. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Dothan is close to the FL border - about 4 hours from Barber.

16. YAM#849

Dang, the dude must've gotten directions from CY... :crackup:

17. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Last year I stayed at the Quality Inn, or was it the Comfort Inn? Right next to the Holiday Inn Express. On I20 there are lots of places, especially since the airport is nearby. I also remember them all being a bit more spendy than I expected.

18. WERA854

Charles,
    Put me down as another past AHRMA champ, and in one of those prestigious AHRMA owned ® classes! ;)

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  19. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Anderson.....I'm coming for you, and bringing a girl with a Hawkbill.:Poke::wow:

20. Nosferatu

Nosferatu WERA 996 AHMRA 248

Sorry...wife just reminded me that Barber Motorsports isn't in Barber Alabama but in Leeds. Well here is the hotel she have us booked. The rate is $87 per night.

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham
    2090 Urban Center Parkway, Birmingham, Alabama, USA 35242
    Tel: +1-205-503-5220 Fax: +1-205-503-5221