1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Annual WERA - AHRMA Vintage Challenge at Barber

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Mar 9, 2009.

1. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Yes - we're going to do it again this year!

The Challenge will again take place at the regular WERA regional round at Barber Motorsports Park on Saturday May 23, 2009. The event will be run by WERA rules which can be found at wera.com.

Classes included will be 350GP, 500GP, V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, Formula 2 Stroke, and Formula 500.

Payouts are the same as last year:

1st = $300
    2nd = $200
    3rd = $100

We are making one change this year - all riders will be eligible for payouts in 2 classes only. This change is intended to give as many riders as possible a shot at the cash. (yes Tim, I know you don't like this).

The Fast from the Past crew will be there on Friday and Saturday to help do whatever needs doing. If you have a question or a problem look for someone wearing a Fast from the Past shirt and we'll help you or take you to a WERA official who can. (I may do a few laps on Friday so be patient if you can't find me right away)

Disclaimer - This is A WERA event and their decisions are the law. No whining and bitchin' allowed. They have been kind enough to let us do this, please Thank them at the track or here on the BBS.

A cross reference class chart for WERA-AHRMA can be found here:

http://pmiusa.net/images/motorcycle/wera vintage challenge at barber cross reference chart1.pdf

Please help spread the word to all of the other BBS you go to and any riders you know who might be interested. It would be great to see riders from Canada or the west coast as well as AHRMA. The future of this event depends on participation - PLEASE HELP.

In the event of rain in the forecast (we will race rain or shine) Joe and I have decided we will sacrifice Charles to the race gods on Friday night. :D

Who's up for this?

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

3. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i'll have to check. i may have another art opening to attend. :D

4. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

Whatever, can you ride with your skirt on??

5. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

whatever, mr. no-show-to-jennings
    :moon: :D

hey Steve, BTW, thanks again for those scrambler pipes. they made their debut this weekend. and even tho they're heavy as hell...at least they didn't drag like my others. :beer:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  6. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

hells yes, I'm in.

7. mcengr

mcengr Well-Known Member

I'm in. Had a couple of great races last year.

Mike Wells
    AHRMA & WERA #341

8. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mr Hinshaw. This is a great event.
    I hafta think the " Kentucky Wrecking Crew " will be well represented. This makes 4 you've heard from already.

9. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I'll be there, and I'll see how many AHRMA recruits I can bring. This event does not conflict with anything on the AHRMA roadrace calendar, so I'm hoping for a good turnout.

10. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

You know im in for it too.:beer:Will try to get the manx down but can say yes for sure. Thanks Jim I will spread the word.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  11. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Totally there. I love that track. I looked at the WERA to AHRMA translation and I don't think my Heavyweight Production bike is V-2 legal though. I thought there was a 650cc limit and I got 750. Unless this a special case for the WERA/AHRMA Challenge. I'm totally fine with it since ain't no way I'm as fast as a Sportsman/BEARS bike.

12. cspargo

cspargo Well-Known Member

Heh.

[​IMG]

Let's do this thing. :)

13. charles

charles The Transporter

Alrighty then, you see the deal. Who's comin'? Must I be forced out of early
    retirement to lay waste to the field in Formula 500? Don't make me do it!
    Let's start now to plan ahead and do some serious wrenching to prepare.
    The spit-and-polish bullshit brigade won't find much comfort at this event,
    which sorts out the fast from the truly fast, or even the fast from the past.
    Human sacrifices are commonplace...:up:

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Hey Tim! Are ya gonna ride the Max again??? Love those tappets!!!

15. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

I sure would like to do this. Lots of travel for this city boy for one day of racing. Can I run Clubmans on Sunday?

16. charles

charles The Transporter

dunno, but i'll find out..how much is it worth to you?:D

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Friday, May 22, 2009:

This is exactly why I leave Jim's mobile home when the lights go out and I sleep with my AK47 at an undisclosed location.

18. charles

charles The Transporter

Chief! Are you going to show up this year? Please, a pic of that unique mobile home you bought...

19. cspargo

cspargo Well-Known Member

You mean this debacle? Long gone, thankfully. Just vans, nowadays, thank you very much.

[​IMG]

20. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

Come to Kentucky sometime and we will make some light ones. Glad they worked, they look cool with the springs holding the "mufflers" on. You gonna make Nashville?? Ill be at VIR, Nashville, Barber.