1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sean Uryu

Discussion in 'General' started by dt rr, Apr 27, 2009.

1. dt rr

dt rr Well-Known Member

Hey Sean, heard about what happened at Willow...how you doing man?

BTW...this is dave..met you at the January Vegas race...where I crashed on the Saturday Solo20...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Uh oh, what happened?

3. dt rr

dt rr Well-Known Member

don't know the details...but heard he got injured while in the pits...

4. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Um.. let's just say he got hit by a guy speeding around on a quad in the pits! Busted him up pretty good. And NO.. it wasn't me.. I wasn't even there.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

I hope thats not true...and i hope they beat the p**s out of who ever it was. Not good.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. That ought to make for some interesting new rules at Willow :eek:

I hope he's okay.

7. RacerX88

RacerX88 Well-Known Member

Was this last weekend during the AHRMA weekend, or the WSMC weekend?

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

believe it was AHRMA

9. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

It was nearly a month ago if I remember right..

10. dt rr

dt rr Well-Known Member

anyone know how he's doing? i heard the injury was pretty serious..

11. rondre3000

rondre3000 Well-Known Member

He's doing. Sean's a tough guy and a cool guy to be around at the track. Super friendly and willing to help out anyone. I think he joked about only having one limb left that was fully organic. Hahaha. He'll rehab and be back soon.

-r.

12. dt rr

dt rr Well-Known Member

good to hear, thanks!

13. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

well that explains why he was not at LVMS then I guess. Heal up Sean!!!

14. morbidelli17

morbidelli17 Well-Known Member

WSMC has a 5 mph rule in the pits. Race bikes, pit bikes, bicycles, skateboards. And I've seen race officials go gangster on racers who violate that rule. They've forced racers to apologize to the people they've nearly hit.

I'm still pissed off about the little shit that pinned the throttle on his minibike and cut me off in the pits at Fontana in January. That little get-off cost me about $500, and I've still got a busted fender. Given everything else that happened that day, it wasn't the worst possible outcome - although if I found him again, I'd strangle him. But stupid pit bike incidents can be serious. Sean, get better soon. If you ride a pit bike, be aware.

15. volcom415

volcom415 Well-Known Member

Hey Dave, Sean, Doug, Ron, Bones, et al

Thanks for the kind words. Dont want to go into details but got taken out in the pits walking. Knee got busted up pretty bad, full dislocation of the knee, torn ACL, MCL, LCL, lateral meniscus, broken tibia, and fibula...first surgery is out of the way and looking like another in July....I will bust my ass to rehab and try to make the Fontana round, but long-term health will superceed my wants.

Trying to make arrangements to spectate button and miller, gotta show support :)

-Sean

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. Holy shit wow.

Long term health for sure with a knee is the main goal. We'll be racing when it's healed properly :)

17. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

If you show up at Miller Sean be sure to stop on by the pits. I'll most likely get a golf cart to move around the corners to shoot the weekend and you are welcome to ride along with me.

18. BearKat

BearKat Big Dude on a 600

It sucks for sure. See you around dude. Heal quick.

19. Tard

Tard Well-Known Member

Dang Sean sorry to hear bud. Get well soon. BTW it's JesseJames from hypercycles etc... : )

20. brakstad

brakstad Well-Known Member

Holy crap! Heal up quick bro! Oh, and thanks for letting me race your bike - somebody had to!