1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nashville race

Discussion in 'General' started by yz22, Apr 26, 2009.

1. yz22

yz22 Well-Known Member

who got the track rec?:confused:

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i dont think anyone there TO set the record.

3. ToddClark

1.01.4, Stroud set the record. 1.01.9 was the old. I just got the call. They said he was ROLLING this weekend! :eek:

4. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Stroud was unbelievable. Some of the passes he made were insane. I wish I had as much talent as his pinky.

5. yz22

yz22 Well-Known Member

:up:wow!!was tim hunt there?

6. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I think he was, but not positive.

7. ToddClark

Tim was there, and i was told that in one of the races, he wadded his shit up pretty bad coming off the banking going into T1. Ended up doing his other races on Blakes' bike.

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

ouch

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Been there, done that! :down: There'sa really bad bump on the apron.

10. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I didnt see it happen but I heard from some friends who were racing the same race say it was pretty bad.

11. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

He looked like he came out unscathed. The bike, was pretty bad off, definitively going to take a bit of buffing to get it going again. Also heard the wreak looked horrible though.

12. raceon2

raceon2 Timmay!!!!!!

What at Ride!!

Well guys the reports are right. James was flying and so was Blake Jones.

In the first race James and I both broke the track record (Mine was a 1.01.6 and James was a 1.01.4) with blake right there at it, so congrats to James on the new track record!!!

Yes, wadded up the bike in turn 1. Just before it happened I looked down and she was reading 175MPH. I was in the draft and we were going around Blake at the end of the straight and the draft sucked James and I together and my front wheel hit his back wheel and tossed me off the left side.

Somehow, I landed flat on my back and slid about 200 feet till I hit the grass. I tumbled about 2 times and came to a stop. it was then that I realized that didn't have a scratch on me!!! The unbelievable part was my helmet didn't even had a grass stain on it, not a scratch!!! Talk about the man upstairs looking out for you!

I have to give MAJOR props to Komodo Leathers. They protected me and even though they are junk now, they did their job and I don't even have a single burn or rash!!! Unreal if you think about it.

Anyway, thanks for all of the support and the well wishers that came by to check on me. I really appreciate it and the WERA and corner workers were great as well getting the 26 individual pieces picked up and back to my pit!

Thanks guys.

13. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Glad you didnt get hurt bro!!!

14. LilMouse62003

LilMouse62003 WERA novice #121

wow 30MPH faster and unhurt I wish i was that lucky glad you are ok man see you at barber!

15. soxxerms

soxxerms no chckn strips 4 sale

raceon2 : :up: very glad u didnt get hurt. yall come by me in the last of the turns before hitting the straight. like i was standing still but hell i probably was lol.

i was coming across start finish when u was seeing how much air time ur bike would do. and then i came into turn one to see the bike had stopped and the corner workers where running out to flag everyone.

again very glad to see you walked away and the angels where protecting you.

hope to see that fast attitude at barber and when u can get some vids out how to be that fast i will buy one.

:beer:
    :up:

16. Roosell

Roosell It's just as I suspected

When I came around and saw your bike laying there I though F$%^&, that's gotta hurt. I started using one of the marks your bike left as my new brake marker, and I picked up some time. :D

Glad you were O.K.

17. GSXRLVR

GSXRLVR Ben Kirby #884

Tim you're my hero! Someday I hope that I can race like you - and crash like you! 175mph and unhurt then winning a race after that crash... WOW! Anyway, awesome weekend man and congratulations to you, James, and Blake!

18. Munky78

Munky78 Well-Known Member

those times were amazing! we were all standing around the tech area looking that the sheets of paper with our eyes WIDE open. congrats, and glad to hear you're ok after that crazy crash!!!

19. blakej755

blakej755 Well-Known Member

thanks guys I had a great time racing teamates It kindda reminds me of all the vesrah guys goin at it. Big thanks to tim an James for helping me set the bike up couldn't have done It witout them. Tim made my fully STOCK SUSPION work great!!!!

20. soxxerms

soxxerms no chckn strips 4 sale

wanted to send out my props.

dave the teacher, freaking awesome guy, love the class and advise. thanks

those i met in the pits the whole weekend. glad to have met you and looking highly forward to racing with you in the future ( as i get fast enough to run with you )

guys in tech giving me help doubtful your on the board here reading this but here your kudos anyway.

other than that meeting porky and his crew of friends. had a blast. awesome meeting yall and the help you gave out.

could not have ask for a better weekend of my first race, great time, loads of fun and laughs in the garage.

oh and porky palm tree of lights.

:beer: