1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy on Ebay just pi$$ed me off!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Team Atomic, Jan 4, 2003.

1. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

Is this why when you completing a paypal transaction they always "suggest" you use you banking account instead of a credit card. I had thought about this before. And I think it would be easier to have you c.c. company resolve an issue than your bank. Just wondering.

D

2. mstingray

mstingray Backmarker Extrodinaire

dunno. they probably get hit w/ charges from the CC for transaction fees. doesn't cost the user anything but it does cost the retailer/group doing transaction IIRC.

i never go through my bank account w/ paypal unless i know the person and have delt w/ the person more than a couple times. because of my incident w/ a less than honest seller.

3. 'ave youz guyz met Tree Fingaz Louie?

4. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

yeh, My Uncle Guido lives in that area. If he takes my cousin Vinnie with him I'm sure they can work something out.

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Can you just feel the love??

I have a resolution to this fiasco. The guy is going to ship the exhaust for the agreed price. He will eat the extra shipping cost.

Thanks for all the support, I talked to Paypal and Ebay and used your advice along the way. A couple of carefully worded emails did the trick.

I think I learned a lesson, read the sellers feedback before you bid. Out of the 25 trades I have done on ebay all with great results, this was definitely the worst.

6. RB

RB Well-Known Member

He is not eating the extra shipping cost, he is just not going to gouge you.

Ray

7. F2racer

F2racer Well-Known Member

ebay

I had a guy try ro charge me 45.00 for a rc51 street upper. And the guy said actual shipping charges. Since then I wont bid on any thing unless I know how much it is to ship first. If I think it is to much for shipping I wont buy it . just my .02

8. I suggest you ship yourself to the seller for the $90, then kick his a__, take your exhaust and leave......

9. Devilredr6

Devilredr6 Well-Known Member

He is trying to pump up his profit.

I ship mountain bikes all the time from Michigan to Cali. A 35lb-45lb box, that is extremely large costs $30-40 standard UPS ground.

Or he has it being shipped second day, or priority.

I also bought a full DD exhaust system from Cali cost me $12 in shipping from the seller on ebay.

I would stop payment on my credit card ASAP! The seller will then be credited a negative ballance to his paypal account or checking account...whatever he has on file.

When I make purchases over $100 I also call the ebayer to talk with them in person before sending money. Helps get details straight.

10. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Off the issue a bit but... since when did you WIN something you have to pay for? I hear that a lot about E-Bay:confused:

11. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

I list all my auctions with the title" Buyer pays actual shipping charges based on location"

Then I welcome people to send me zip codes and i send them the cost via weight/rate tables at UPS or USPS.
    Its always worked fine for me and my buyers.

I dont list shipping charges in my auctions because it varys so much by zone. If your in Florida it can be so much cheaper for your shipping from me, then say Cali.

Either way im glad your problem was solved and your not getting gouged.

12. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

For anyone who has had a problem with a seller using pay pal, how helpful was pay pal in resolving the issue?