1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sneezing in your helmet....

Discussion in 'General' started by Revenant.Eagle, Mar 27, 2009.

1. I was riding on the street a few miles from home and flipped open my shield because it was so hot. I had a wasp fly in my helmet and get stuck between the side of my head and the helmet. It stung me once right away so I pulled off the road and ripped off my helmet. That sucked. Shield down, all the time now......

2. SAEID

SAEID PROSPECT

Lets see. I've had a bee fly in my helmet while the shield was open. I didn't know what it was until it stung my right cheek. I pulled off to the side of the rode and chilled there for a few minutes until the pain went away. It never really did, so about 10 minutes later I decide to ride home when all of a sudden I couldn't get my helmet on all the way. My cheek swelled to the size of a melon.

Once at Button Willow, I just got on the track. Right after my first lap, I felt this extreme pain on the top of my head and I could feel something biting me. I pulled over into the pits and frantically took my helmet off and out came some kind of spider... I guess it wasn't poisonous since there was no swelling.

3. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

lol I was stung 2 weeks ago.I was doing 70 mph and something hit me in the throat.5 seconds later that thing stung me in the jaw.Swelled up like a bitch.Fuck bee's

4. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Helmet stories...I had a modification done to my nose one Thursday evening before a race at Summit, got up Friday morning, looked in the mirror, and realized it was broken pretty good, grabbed ahold of it and set it as best I could. We took off later that day for the track...

That weekend every lap down the front straight resulted in my swollen nose pressing against the visor which, in turn, hurt like hell -- like talk out loud to yourself down the front straight hurt like hell...This was back in the Bell M-1/M-2 days when dinosaurs still trod the earth, it takes a big schnoze to fill that kind of space...Sneezing would have undoubtedly resulted in a DNF...

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Ddidn't ya just love those narrow eye ports...

6. Chumbucket

...and the seemingly half-inch thick visors that appeared likely to be impenetrable to small arms fire...

Good lids at the time...

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Better than my Bell-Toptex 500.

And I gladly traded the somewhat distorted view through the thick shields for the bubble on my 500...

Ahhhhhh. Good times. Good times indeed.

8. Chumbucket

Uh oh....The Geeze Klaxon is sounding...

Howabout building cheekpads for the old Bell Stars? Shoulda patented those things...