1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sneezing in your helmet....

Discussion in 'General' started by Revenant.Eagle, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Revenant.Eagle

Revenant.Eagle What turn was it?

...is not pretty :(

I thought I could hold it but the next 30 minutes of the ride were not fun :Puke:

Thankfully I haven't done this on the track... any funny stories out there?

2. paulco135

paulco135 Well-Known Member

i had to run an entire solo with a loogy in my mouth

3. Need tear-offs on the inside of the shield.....

4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I used to hear of F1 racers who had the flu and got sick in their helmet.....and continued to finish the race.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I know someone who puked in his on the grid for his first expert race

and then won it

6. Slick Sunday

Slick Sunday Member

LMAO. awesome.

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

it's funny now that I look back, I had dry heaves from the second they did first call

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

There was a guy that puked in his helmet at the Grattan endurance race last year and kept going for his full stint. I think he said he felt better after it happened so he kept on going. Lots of dried puke on his leathers and on the side of the bike.

9. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

how could you even ride at any kind of pace while puking? :confused: :Puke:

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Wll, I just put my head down and...

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Matt Winnacker was a puker. He puked at Putnam, and then led the first lap of the endurance race and put in an hour and a half on TSEs rear wheel. Put in the same kind of ride at Road Atlanta, except he puked while on the bike at Atlanta. Needless to say he does NOT like elevation change!

12. jkim13

jkim13 Well-Known Member

thats what she said :p

13. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

Well, the one that pops into my head..

There are/were a couple of racers ( I won't mention the ethnic background ) that shared leathers and gear. One would come in and strip down then the other would put it on and head out.

Just a wonderful thought on a 90*+ humid day.

14. Revenant.Eagle

Revenant.Eagle What turn was it?

I'm all for saving $$ but :Puke::Puke:

15. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I hate sneezing while riding. It happens to me every spring, usually in turn 10 at Summit. I couldn't even imagine puking, I don't think I'm enough of a racer to go more then a lap with puke in my helmet!

16. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

Never sneezed in my helmet, but I did get a love bug inside my helmet during a race... I crawled in my eye and under my eyelid and stayed there wiggling around for the whole race!

17. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

At the GNF 3 years ago I inhaled a bug or something, and choked on it for 2 full laps. I could barely see from the tears in my eyes...violent hacking that made my back and ribs hurt for 3 days kind of coughing. I almost pulled in, but it got a little better as I got to T10 on lap 3, so I stayed out...man that sucked. I did make a pass on the outside of T12 while it was happening though :D

18. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I ride everyday.Atleast once a week I have an allergy attack and sneeze in my helmet alot.I use a tank bag so I just open the visor and use a rag to wipe it down lol or I just put on glasses and ride with my visor open.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Had a contact come out before, not all the way out just flipped, that's even worse. Thrown up in the helmet. I have not sneezed yet. A big Dave? You shoulda just swallowed that sucker. :D

20. Doc Brock

Doc Brock Well-Known Member

I've puked in a helmet three times the same day. I was sick all morning, puked everything out before getting on the bike, but I had to keep hydrated, so I chugged alot of water down, after laps, I would start to feel it come up, hot pit in, lift vizor, projectile blast, visor down, pit out, repeat as needed.

I got a new helmet for the new season, btw.